3.

"What do you think of Cris' posts?" Leo asked Anto as they sat side by side on his couch

"What do you think of Cris' posts?" Leo asked Anto as they sat side by side on his couch. She was his closest friend and had been for a long while now. She glanced at him and shrugged, taking a bite of the food she had cooked them both.

"They don't bother me, why?"

Leo frowned, moving the food around on the plate. He shrugged as memories from earlier in the day from the locker room played in his head. Memories of how as soon as Cris posted his newest post about Leo they jumped onto it. Sharing laughs and petty jokes amongst each other, talking about him like he was some random embarrassing fanboy. It shouldn't have bothered Leo as much as it did, but it did. Something about how they "made fun" of Cris didn't sit well with him.

"Leo?" She gently tapped his shoulder, raising a brow. "You alright? You kinda zoned out there," her concerned smile directed at him.

"Yeah I'm fine just.." Leo sighed and took a bite, swallowing the food down. "They don't bother me at all but... I kind of get tired of seeing the other," he waved his right hand in the air as if to say you know. Anto of course didn't understand and waited patiently for Leo to finish his sentence. "The other reactions and whatnot." He mumbled bitterly, eyes downcast at the plate.

"Reactions?" She asked, also taking a bite of her food. Leo nodded slowly, his well suppressed annoyance from earlier coming to the surface the more he thought about his teammates actions earlier. "What reactions?"

"You know what I mean, like the... People think it's funny and they just use it to like make fun of him and it's well.. it's not fair you know? Like he has a crush on me? So what? Why is that any of your business? And I just don't understand why people have to be so mean about it, you know? He's a person too and he has feelings and I'm sure he gets sick of seeing people calling him this and that," he was talking way too fast at the end there but he honestly felt like he needed to release that mini rant. He'd been holding it in for far too long.

"Leo he's 35, I'm sure he's well okay with being called names."

"Anto that's not-" he let out a heavy sigh, beyond frustrated. "He's.. he's not.." Leo glanced over, an amused Anto was watching him closely.

"He's not what?" Her lips tilted up into a small smile, Leo pouted turning away.

"I just wish people would be nicer is all, like I get his posts might be annoying to some people but they aren't to me and that's all that matters. It's not like he made them for anyone else anyways," he meant to whisper that last part to himself but his tone was far from being unheard. Anto hummed and giggled quietly, not saying anything thankfully.

They returned to eating their food, the silence leaving Leo to his own thoughts. His mind racing as he thought back on the day and most of all, Cris' post. It wasn't even a bad post really, nothing controversial. It was kinda cute actually.

"It's so obvious you like him," Anto stood from the couch, plate in hand. She walked into the kitchen before Leo could even reply, which, he couldn't anyways. He felt his face warm up as the words rolled around in his head. Of course he liked him but that didn't need to be known to everyone.

*****

"Leo, I love you and you're my best friend, but you need to stop bringing this up or I'm going to lose my mind." Anto laughed shaking her head as Leo kept rambling on about Cris' posts and the negative reactions often received from them.

"But I-"

"Leo, listen. If this is such a big deal for you, just go on your Instagram and tell people to be nicer to him."

"They won't listen to me-"

"Yes they will!"

"What should I say then?" He huffed, putting on a fake high pitched voice, pretending to tap a message on his phone, "Hey everyone, be nicer to Cristiano, he's not hurting anyone."

"You know you're being so difficult," she playfully scolded Leo, grabbing his phone from him.

"What are you-"

"Look at me," she held the phone up and unlocked it using the facial recognition. Instagram immediately loading up, Leo watched closely as she quickly typed Cristiano into the search bar. Cris' posts lit up the screen one by one.

"What are you doing?" Leo asked as she tapped on the most recent post.

Guess who was looking beautiful today? 👀🤤

"Don't worry I'm just going to comment something, that's all." She quickly typed in a five word comment. Adding a ☀️ emoji and ❤️ emoji at the end.

Remember everyone, always be kind ☀️❤️

She handed the phone back to Leo, notifications already popping up. "There, your bully problems been solved."

*****

Cristiano felt his heart race as another notification from a certain username popped up. His attention from the TV in front of him lost completely. He opened the app and smiled as the tiny leomessi user popped up.

Remember everyone, always be kind ☀️❤️

It was too adorable really, the use of emojis from Leo was rare and he just used two of them. One of them being a bright red heart. Cristiano liked it and pinned it on the post, watching as people replied various things to it. He didn't care though, no one else mattered compared to Leo.

Without a second thought he added a new picture to his story, a light blue background with white text. He tagged Leo in it, knowing the younger would see it. He hoped the cute pet name at the end wouldn't scare him away though...

i think that i'm in love with every single bit of you, baby. @leomessi