12.

*for the sake of the story please pretend they were at the photoshoot at the same time*

The shoot was over and everyone was packing up their equipment and whatever necessary paperwork they had

The shoot was over and everyone was packing up their equipment and whatever necessary paperwork they had. A few of the extra helping hands were here and there chit chatting amongst themselves. Leo didn't particularly care about any of that, his attention was flicking back and forth between his phone and the man sitting across from him in the room.

Cristiano.

The other man would look up every now and then and smile, it was the shy and subtle upturn of his lips that originally caught his attention. Every time their gazes met, it was a race to see who would look away first. Surprisingly it was almost always Cris, he'd make eye contact and then look away almost as quick he did it.

By now, there was a light shade of pink tinting his cheeks. Leo couldn't help but stare for a few seconds at a time, he watched as a tiny drop of sweat slid down his neck. Probably from the amount of lighting used in the shoot, but Leo liked to think it was because of him. He was shameless as his eyes slid over the view in front of him, Cris' eyelashes looked even longer in person, darker too but that was probably because of whatever makeup their artists had done to them.

He was beautiful.

Leo was finally forced to turn away, his makeup artist turning his chair to face herself.

"I'm just going to wipe off the excess product, it's not going to take long." She assured him with a smile. Leo returned the smile and closed his eyes as he felt the wet wipe glide over his skin. She hadn't put much on him to begin with, but it still took a few minutes. "Okay, it's all pretty much off and I just put a thin layer or moisturizer on. I think you're good to go," she helped him up from the chair.

Leo thanked her and immediately looked towards Cris' direction. Only when he did, he was met with an empty seat. The other man was no longer there. Leo frowned and started to look around the room, his mind racing.

Cristiano wouldn't leave without saying anything... right?

*****

He left.

Leo didn't even try to hide his disappointment as he made his way to his car where the driver and several of his managers and assistants were already waiting for him. After he got in and shut the door, they didn't hesitate before deciding to speak on his schedule or what he had to do next. Now Leo did try to pay attention but he just couldn't focus. He could only give them a few words in reply, because his mind was elsewhere.

He saw him. He had talked to him before the shoot, but it was brief. Their time together was full of potential, and Leo still felt unsatisfied with it. There was that empty ache in his chest, he still felt like a piece of him was missing. It wasn't enough time.

He missed him.

*****

Both of them had to post the picture at the same time, it seemed Cris got to choose his own caption though. Some may have deemed it as unprofessional, and sure maybe it was. Leo could only shake his head and smile as he read it though. It was such a Cristiano thing to do.