5.

The morning after the incident was probably the most confusing and stressful time for Leo, he had no idea what had occurred the night before he woke up

The morning after the incident was probably the most confusing and stressful time for Leo, he had no idea what had occurred the night before he woke up. The panic that filled him when he noticed a phone call in his call history, that he had no recollection of even having, had lasted over 34 minutes. THIRTY FOUR MINUTES OF WHAT LEO COULD ONLY ASSUME WAS CONVERSATION BETWEEN HIM AND CRISTIANO.

He wanted to immediately call the other and ask what happened but his anxiety levels shot up at the idea of even speaking to the other man. He assumed that what was said couldn't have been too embarrassing seeing as Cristiano tagged him in a rather adorable Instagram story sometime in the middle of the night. The story itself wasn't anything new, it was just another cute quote and well... maybe nothing happened... Maybe they just chit chatted about football or something.

Leo stared at the call log and the contact name, repeating over and over and over in his mind that nothing happened... because if something had happened, surely Cristiano wouldn't have tagged him in another story. Surely Cris would have tried to call him again or message him. Even as he slowly started to believe his own reassurances, there was a tiny voice in the back of his mind saying that something big had definitely happened. Leo probably spilled embarrassing secrets to the Portuguese man, he probably made a fool of himself... Bitterly, and feeling a bit angry and disappointed at himself, he reluctantly tapped on Cristianos contact. Deciding on shooting a text to the other man.

*****

To: Cristiano

Hey 👋 so uh... I don't know how to say this because well... I'm not great at apologizing or explaining things. I just wanted to explain myself and my behavior last night. (Just incase I was out of line) I'm just going to come 100% clean here and say that I have NO idea what happened 😅 I got a little too drunk and might have (definitely did) black out.... so sorry if I like made things awkward.... 😳

To: Cristiano

I'm apologizing again because I think I may or may not have embarrassed myself within that 34 minute call... I also apologize if I said anything rude or offensive. ☹️ I hope you can accept my apology, just know that I didn't mean anything that was said in that call...

*****

Cristiano frowned as he read the messages, so it was too good to be true. Leo was drunk. He was intoxicated and had called Cris out of sheer drunken boredom. He re-read the last line over and over...

I didn't mean anything that was said in that call...

With a sigh he sent off a thumbs up emoji and smiley face, informing the other in a short message that everything was fine. He felt a little heartbroken which, even in his own mind, he knew he was being overdramatic about this. It was just a stupid mistake, that's all. It was no reason to get all upset.

*****

Leo was relieved to find out that Cris wasn't mad or anything, he even said he everything was fine. A whole message complete with a thumbs up and smiley face. All nerves wore off and he felt like he had a weight off his chest, everything was fine. No problems between them whatsoever. With reassurance he went on with his morning routine, no worries about Cristiano or their little unspoken thing between them.

His morning went so well that he was half expecting for Cristiano to tag him in another post, so to say he felt rather confused would be an understatement when he seen Cristiano's latest post. The picture was unusually sad and stuck out like a sore thumb in the many photos on his page. The beautiful red roses looked sad and wilted. Leo felt a little more baffled as he read the caption, wondering who it was about or who it was supposed to be directed at...

You told me you liked roses..

So I went and bought some 💔🥀

#whowantsone

Many people in the comments were saying they wanted one and were reacting with red hearts and heart eyes, a small portion of others were asking what was wrong. It seemed Leo wasn't the only one that could clearly see something had gone down in Cris day... He briefly entertained the idea that maybe it had something to do with him... but as he thought more on it he crossed himself out as a potential reason, after all Cris did say that they were fine.

It wasn't until later in the day when he was lazily scrolling through his apps, he seen Cristiano had uploaded a new picture to his story. He uploaded several actually, most of them were ads for his products and one was some new song he was listening to. It was the last story he uploaded that made Leo's heart sink, the message was loud and clear, white words stuck out on the black background... So they weren't fine after all...

Y can't u see me, the way I see u