13.

"These are for you," Cristiano handed him the most beautiful bouquet of flowers Leo had ever seen

"These are for you," Cristiano handed him the most beautiful bouquet of flowers Leo had ever seen. Sunflowers, pink roses and white daisies.

"You got me flowers?" Leo couldn't resist it as he inhaled the flowers sweet floral scent. The petals were soft against the skin of his nose, he wished he could bury his face into the bundle.

"You told me you wanted flowers... so here you are." Cristiano looked pretty pleased with himself as Leo looked up at him. "I mean I kind of did this backwards. I was supposed to give you the flowers first but I forgot them and I knew you would be showing up for dinner, I didn't want you waiting too long, because can you imagine how embarrassing that-"

Leo could hear him speak but he didn't care because there he was... that man. The rambling and nervous Cris that everyone rarely got to see. They were in Cristiano's hotel room because that's where Cris had guided them to. It was secluded and away from curious and judgmental eyes, it was also where this gorgeous bouquet of flowers was waiting for them. Leo slowly lowered the flowers to set them on the table. Cristiano was still rambling on, not even noticing Leo's silence.

"I hope you like them, I kind of just assumed and I-"

Leo was slow on his approach yet it still took Cris by surprise. His lips were soft and the kiss was so gentle it could hardly even be considered a kiss. Leo was about to pull away but Cristiano grabbed his waist with one hand.

"Leo," Cristiano whispered, his voice wrecked already.

"Cris," Leo barely spoke the word before Cristiano had pulled him closer. His hand reaching up to hold Leo's head still. This kiss was more forceful but it was still so sweet. Leo's hands settled on the other man's waist.

It was everything the both of them had been waiting for.

It wasn't too much or too little. There was just enough passion in it to take Leo's breath away. Yet they still held back, as if they were testing the waters. Seeing how far they could push each other. It was when Cris slid his hand down further that Leo pulled back. He pulled away just enough to look clearly into Cristiano's eyes.

"Cris, I..." he knew he had so much to say but none of the words were coming. His thoughts were all jumbled and his mind was a mess.

"Is something wrong?" Cristiano asked, his face turning into one of concern and no... that's not what Leo wanted.

"No, no of course not." Leo chuckled nervously; he cleared his throat and took a steady breath before speaking again, "Nothings wrong."

Cristiano smiled and pulled away further, detangling himself from the younger man. Leo watched curiously as Cris made his way through the hotel room. He turned the overhead light off and proceeded to open the curtains. The room was lit only by the lights outside.

He turned back to face Leo, that nervous smile still on his face.

"So that was our first kiss."

His nonchalance made Leo laugh, "Yeah, I guess it was."

They stared at each other after that, an almost electric atmosphere settling between them. Leo bit his lip and looked away, his eyes catching the numbers on the clock.. it seemed their date had gone on longer than he expected.

"It's, um... it's getting late." Leo glanced up at Cris, who had now moved around the bed and towards him. Cristiano leaned in and instead of kissing Leo, he looped his arms around his waist and nuzzled his face into his neck. It was an entirely different feeling of affection, something that felt almost more intimate than a kiss. Even though Leo could feel himself flushing hot, he smiled and wrapped his arms around Cris' neck, pulling the other man closer than he already was.

"Thank you," Cristiano's voice was muffled as he spoke.

"For what?" Leo hummed, his fingers softly stroking the soft hairs on the back of Cris' head.

"Thank you for being here."

*****

"Can I stay?" Leo asked him as they stared up at the ceiling of the room. They had moved their cuddle session to the bed, both of them were still in their dress clothes.

"You don't want to go back to your room?"

"No," Leo frowned and shook his head. He was laying on his side, curled up under Cristianos arm. "I don't want to go back... I don't like being alone."

It's a partial lie, Leo thought to himself. He really didn't like being alone, but of course he had a roommate. His roommate being one of his teammates.

"Okay," Cristiano gently tapped the younger man on the shoulder. It was an indication that he was getting up, Leo settled further into the bed as he watched Cristiano stand up. "I should have something for you to wear for bed."

Leo was completely enthralled as he watched Cristiano dig through his luggage. Pulling out a few shirts and sweat pants. Even a pair of shorts. He didn't even question Leo's intentions at all, didn't bat an eye at his request. He just went along with it, it was as if he would do anything for him. Leo slowly sat up as the realization finally dawned on him that Cristiano did in fact mean every word he said in his posts, he really meant it.

"You really love me don't you." Leo spoke his thoughts before he could stop himself. The words effectively stopping Cris in his search. Leo was mortified, he didn't mean to say that. "Wait I-I'm so sorry. I didn't-"

"No it's okay." Cristiano looked up as he held a plain grey shirt in his hand. "I um... I do."

Leo felt conflicted, not knowing how to respond. Cris seemed to pick up on this as he crawled back onto the bed. He handed the grey tee to him along with a soft pair of shorts.

"Hey it's okay Leo," Cris smiled. "If you don't feel the same-"

"I do though.. I just.. I.." Leo frowned and stared down at the clothes. Cristiano's hand slowly slid on top of Leo's, their size difference was borderline amusing.

"Well then it's okay if you're not ready to say it." Cristiano reassured him as he gently squeezed his hand. "Honestly you really don't have to."

Leo sighed and shook his head, a soft chuckle leaving his mouth. Without a second thought and before Cristiano could anticipate it, Leo surged forward, tackling the other man onto his back. The action leaving them both laughing. Leo settled on top of the Portuguese man, "Why are you so perfect Cris?"

*****

Leo posted the picture he had taken of Cris and silenced his phone immediately after, not wanting to see the reactions to it yet. He turned back towards Cris, who was already waiting for him to come back to bed. Leo crawled onto the bed and slid under the sheets.

"Goodnight Cris." Leo whispered as he got comfortable, cuddling into Cristiano's chest.

"Goodnight Leo."