Chapter 45: Familiar Sky

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ren runs up the cherry tree and fires from one of the heavier branches. He is immediately pushed against a building wall by one of the creature's hands.

Nora: Ruby!

Nora runs over to Ruby before jumping onto the flat side of her scythe as Ruby spins and uses the momentum and recoil of a fired shot to send Nora outward in time for her to prevent the Nuckelavee's second hand from landing its fatal blow on Ren.

Nora ends up dangling by her grip on Magnhild, which is pressed into the wall of the same building, slightly higher up than Ren.

Ren looks up at Nora.

Nora: (pulling her skirt to hide herself) Stop looking!

Ren: (covering his eyes) Ah-ugh.

Nora grins to herself.

The Nuckelavee flings Nora around until she is knocked to the ground with her Aura depleted. Ren uses StormFlower to slash at its wrists before stabbing the blades into its flesh before firing repeatedly at the rest of its arms.

Jaune comes up from behind the creature and slashes at its hindleg again as Y/N uses the chance to slash it its other with her own blade. It roars, but does not release Ren, who digs in its hand again with his blades and uses the leverage to shove the hand off of him.

He lands on his back but quickly bounces onto his feet and runs in slashing at the arms. It knocks him back but he continues to rush at it.

Jaune: Ren! Knock it off!

He ignores Jaune and runs in again, as the Nuckelavee extends its arm towards him with the claws ready to pierce him.

Y/N: Stop being reckless!

Y/N moves in front of him despite the pain in her leg as the Nuckelavee grabs her before slamming her into the ground multiple times breaking her Aura as she's left lying on the floor unconcious.

Ruby: Yui!

The Nuckelavee then grabs Ren, slaps him on the ground, causing him to lose his grip on StormFlower, and flings him to land next to Nora. Ren's Aura also depletes, and he collapses next to her.

Nora pushes herself up, and after a moment so does Ren. His intent is entirely on the creature but Nora tackles him before he can do more and drags him under the nearby building.

Y/N slowly starts to wake up hearing the sounds of fighting as blood runs down her face from a cut on her head.

She stares at the sky feeling a sense of familiarity with these circumstances as she reaches out for something.

Y/N: (This again

Y/N: (This again...?)

Flashback~

After losing another match against Raven, Y/N lays on the ground injuried and defeated as all she can do is look up at the sky.