Chapter 11: Curtain Fall

I awoke this morning to the sound of my men being gunned down. I opened the door holding a machine gun and firing at everyone in sight.

I saw two people dressed in black, one looked kind of like Batman but a little different. The other dressed as a cat. I took cover as he began firing from a pistol.

That was when I saw my Harlequins jumping out at them. I jumped out to block them from being hit.

They thankfully went back inside. The Catwoman tried to follow them but I grabbed her leg.

"Leave *cough* them *cough* alone!" I told her and she shrugged but instead stood over me. I broke into a smile as my porcelain white face cracked again. My semblance activated as I stabbed her in the chest. I held the knife and flipped us so I was on top of her, I quickly knocked her out. The other guy just kept shooting me in the back. My emotions were too strong at the moment, my aura too thick, bullets stopped just before reaching me.

I turned toward him and grabbed his throat as I ripped off his mask. "Jaune Arc, so you're the Batman?" I said before laughing uncontrollably. "No, I'm the Arkham Knight! Batman's code was weak! You killed Weiss' family, she was my crush and you kidnapped her!" He yelled out as I held a knife at his mouth. "I see you've replaced her with someone well, more your style. Besides, I think I should thank you, Jaune... I know what I need to do now" I beat him with a crowbar and left him there.

I grabbed his gun and walked away but not before dropping just one grenade. "Later Blake," I said locking the door behind me. After that, I heard a loud and angry scream just a few feet later there was an explosion. Upon leaving my bunker, I looked around the area. It was a battlefield, I saw some of my men dead, my friends, laying on the ground bleeding. I was probably the only one left.

There were still fifteen hunters and huntresses remaining on the other side. I threw a grenade and waited for the explosion. Eventually, I heard three thuds, leaving twelve. One looked over the hood of the car to see me. I pulled him over the hood and walked out of the cover with my gun pointed at his head. The twelve hunters walked over to me slowly.

"You really don't want this war, I'm sure I'll win this," I said while coming toward them. I quickly opened fire on them, one by one they fell. That is until one of them managed to shoot the gun out of my hand.

"Damn, you have good aim! But I learn from my mistakes!" I shouted before pulling out another gun, firing a bullet point-blank into my hostage's head before he could knock me out. I then tossed a belt of grenades and took cover.

I had then hotwired one of their vehicles and started driving around the back of the base. I picked up the harlequins and drove into the wilderness. No one is watching the borders... except for that border control person watching the line, I put my head back down knowing I'd be a dead giveaway.

"Excuse me, how much to leave Vale?" I asked trying to escape the kingdom undetected.

"A hundred Lien," she said and I gave her the money. She was about to hand me the ticket until she saw blood fall from my face.

"S-sir are yo-" she managed to say before letting out a blood-curdling scream.

"What's wrong is there something on my face?" I asked after lifting my head up. She tried to run off but I got out of the car.

"You need to smile more, why so serious?" I asked before grabbing the ticket from her hands. She tried to grab my other hand touching the buzzer. She got buzzed until she became charred and started smoking.

"I've said it once, I'll say it again. Don't you know smoking is bad for you?"

Five Years Later...

We began to live in the forests of a dragon-shaped continent. Previously, uninhabited, me and my five wives and sixteen children three with each, except for Neo she gave us four since she was already with child when we came here. Others soon arrived hearing rumors that Joker lived there. Nowadays when you enter you'll see a huge city with another bat as its guardian or as some people say a shadow. A wounded Jaune sat across from the table, he moved here after surviving his injuries.

"Keep going bro, tell them the story of how you and I met and found out that we were brothers," Jaune said looking at me, having retired from crime-fighting and becoming a father to Blake's children.

"Daddy, how did we get here in Gotham?" Dee asked and I told everyone the truth.

"You see before the war, I was a quiet and peaceful kid who grew up in an orphanage... my parents never wanted me, but after those last few months, all I wanted was to see all Remnant burn before my very eyes as I laugh in the chaos..." I told them as everyone leaned in closer to the fire to listen. But I stopped when I saw a member of my old squad next to me.

"Continue, you've done well... it's time to rest, soldier," he said causing me to laugh a bit before I continued.

"I looked around the battlefield to see dead soldiers, my friends, laying on the ground..."