Chapter 21 : Reconciled

Chapter 21

Reconciled

It felt soo good. We were at Maura's house, lying in her bed together and I was caught in her soft embrace. I liked the heat from her body, the feeling of her soft hands caressing my arm and my back. Everything felt so natural. And everything happened so naturally. I leaned closer to place a kiss on her mouth and just in a few seconds my kiss deepened, getting pretty passionate. She was in her red sateen gown which I carefully undressed, leaving her only in her panties. I started kissing her neck, going down as she caressed my face, playing with my hair. I started placing small kisses all over her stomach and I could see just how much she enjoyed it. She started moaning, just a soft raspy sounds, coming from her throat. I loved her body so much.

"I love you, Maura." I told her as I looked at her and she smiled at me. "I wanna make love to you," I said as I continued not so patiently to kiss her stomach, quickly going down.

"I love you, Jane."

I heard Maura's words but everything blurred in a matter of seconds and then I woke up from my dream. I realized it was just a dream and I sighed in frustration. My alarm clock woke me up. Stupid alarm and stupid school!

There were times when I woke up from my sleep, feeling excited and happy about the new day. But that seemed like a long time ago. Nowadays I just hated getting up for school. It has been three weeks since mother learned about my relationship with Maura. Almost a month and yet nothing had changed. She hadn't changed her mind about our relationship. And we didn't talk much lately.

"It's either you stop seeing your teacher and forget about her completely, or I will tell everything and get her fired. You choose." Mother had told me and gave me an ultimatum. Of course I couldn't risk Maura's career so we stopped going out. We just had to. I just had no other choice. I had to make peace with it though it was really hard.

I could still see Maura at school. Not every day of course but when I had biology. Sometimes we even talked. After all, my mother haven't said anything about talking to her. But we just ended our relationship like my mother wanted me to do. It's not like we had any relationship before that, in my opinion. We were just in the beginning. My mother found out about us way too soon so I didn't even know what we had with Maura. Whatever we had, it all ended when my mother made me stop seeing her. She forbid me and I felt really sad about it. I just couldn't get over it. Most probably I would never be able to make peace with it.

Of course it was really hard for me to stay away from Maura. There were some moments when I felt really sorry that we weren't together, that we couldn't be. Her hand brushing mine when I am leaving my papers on her desk, a long intense stare that could probably last for hours if it weren't for the other students. Sometimes I wished I could forget about my mother's ultimatum and just get back with Maura. I wished I could see her again, just the two of us alone, not be in a room full with students. And Maura was nothing but supportive with me, always encouraging me to stay strong. She agreed with my mother and she thought that I just had to do what my mother said. Of course I didn't tell her about my mother's ultimatum. That was out of the question. Maura just didn't want to do it against my mother's will. And I didn't want to hide it anymore either. I completely understood her. I didn't want to lie to my mother too. Not again. Not after everything that happened.

I felt like we went back at the beginning where I could only watch Maura and dream that she's be mine, despite feeling it impossible. If only I hadn't insisted on kissing Maura on the mouth on our second date. If only mother hadn't found out about our relationship. I could only wish... But the reality hit me after hearing my alarm clock again and after realizing that I had to get up for school. It was pointless to get up and get ready for school because that day we didn't have biology. At least I thought that the days when I didn't have biology and couldn't see Maura were all pointless and empty. But I had no choice. My only solace was that I could still talk to Maura.