Tolerable

You walked through the city taking a break from any villain activities. It was nice to just go on a walk for once. As you strolled through a very busy area you heard something that peeked your interest.

"Did you hear of that villain attacking heroes in broad daylight. They just ran up and started attacking"A man asked his friend

"I actually haven't heard. When did this happen? Today?"

"Yea it's happening right now on the other side of town. The News are broadcasting it live...look"

He pressed a few things on his phone before showing his friend the screen.

"Which hero are they attacking?"

"Ground Zero"

"Is it the same villain who's always doing something? Uh Mystique is the name I think"

Pfft always doing something? I barely make an appearance that often. The main thing I do is kill heroes. I may have my underlings attack some places here and there, but it wouldn't be in front of everyone in the middle of the day. Who do they think I am? You thought to yourself feeling slightly offended.

"I don't think she has anything to do with this. It's someone I've never seen before. They're really putting up a fight though"

You got intrigued at the thought of someone putting up a good fight against Ground Zero so you moved closer to look at the screen. You looked at the buildings surrounding the fighting in an attempt to find the exact location.

You walked away searching for the nearest empty alleyway. Once you made it there you slipped into the shadows and resurfaced on the roof of a building. It was the building closest to the fighting. You walked to the edge looking down at the fight.

"Front row seats. Let's see how you hold up Mr.Hero"

You watched from the top of the building, seeing the 'hero' fight against the villain. The villain landed a few blows, but only small ones. Ground Zero attacked and missed.

You watched at the edge, running on adrenaline. Will the hero make it out of this?

After a few minutes of the ongoing fight, both the hero and the villain were damaged.

Ground Zero rushed in to make a final hit, only to run into the villains spear. You gasped as it pierced his stomach. Ground Zero crumbled down in pain.

You snapped your fingers and a shadow appeared.

"Distract the crowd! Go! Go now!"

The shadow cackled and immediately went down. It snatched someone and dragged them away.

You made a shadow below you and transported yourself to where the injured hero was. You placed a hand on his back and saw the villain try to attack.

You grabbed a knife and threw it, hitting him in his chest. You made another shadow and got the two of you out of the city.

~~

You panted as you made it to one of your hideouts. You immediately set him down on your floor and called your shadow back.

"Get me the aid kit now please"

The shadow left and came back with a box. You looked at Ground Zero's form and noticed his eyes were closed. You checked for a heartbeat.

"I'll take this top off then clean up his wound. He'll stay here for a while"You said to yourself

You grabbed a dagger and carefully cut his top off, so you'd be able to clean his wound. Thankfully you had your fair share of wounds over the past 6 years of being a villain, so you knew a decent amount on how to treat him.