Snow Day (Snaibsel)

It wasn't often they got snow in Star City. It was usually warm all year long. However, a blizzard had hit the town. Everyone was completely snowed in, including Artemis and Zatanna.

Will and Lian were visiting on a mini vacation so Artemis had invited Zatanna over for the weekend. They hung out all the time but for whatever reason they were constantly together more than ever. Neither of them got tired of the other one despite being attached at the hip.

"Come on, Artemis! We have to make a snowman!"

"Calm down, Zee. Doesn't it snow in New York all the time?" The blonde chuckled at the magician's eagerness.

"First of all, snow in the city is disgusting. Second of all, I'm always doing shows so I never get to see it. But this? A whole backyard of clean white snow!" Zatanna reached down and tossed snow into the air. Artemis laughed again before walking over to her. Then they got working on their snowman.

As they rolled up giant balls of snow, Artemis was focused on Zatanna. There was something different about her best friend. Or maybe there was something different about her. Artemis thought she was gorgeous, more so than usual. She thought it was normal for people to find their friends beautiful but this was difference.

She picked up on things she would notice otherwise, like how Zatanna's purple hat made her hair look so pretty. And how the snowflakes that fell in her hair and eyelashes made her look like a goddess. Or how the sting from the cold made her lips rosey. And she realized how much she truly loved the sound of Zatanna giggling. She wanted to make her laugh and smile forever.

Artemis knew this wasn't something normal friends felt towards each other. She could feel the difference. She thought about her friendships with M'gann and Raquel. Sure, she thought M'gann and Raquel were beautiful but their smiles weren't ingrained in her memory. She didn't wonder how their lips felt against her own.

"Help me stack him!" Zatanna said as they finished rolling up the parts of the snowman's body. Artemis nodded as she rolled her part over to her.

The two stacked the body and stepped back to look at it. Zatanna smiled at her before reaching up to take the taller girl's hat off. She placed it on the icy creature's head.

Artemis smiled back before looking back at the thing, "What should it's name be?"

"Artanna."

"That's a good name," The archer chuckled. They stood in the snow for awhile, just letting in fall on them. Zatanna started to hum. Artemis watched her.

Artemis remembered the last time she felt this way about someone. It was how she felt about Wally. It was like how he used to take her breath away by just standing. She wanted to kiss Zatanna the way she use to kiss Wally. But just as when she was fifteen, she couldn't tell if Zatanna felt the same.

She assumed not. Zatanna didn't like women. But hell, neither did she until she met her. Still, Zatanna never seemed to look at her the way she did. Being together the way Artemis wanted to be was impossible. At least the magician would still be in her life. That was all the archer needed.

"Hey, what you thinking about?" Zatanna looked over at her and stood a bit closer.

"Just Lian stuff," Artemis lied.

"Because you have to stare at me for that?" She teased, which made Artemis eyes widen.

"Um-No. I was just looking at the fence. It's a nice fence," She shrugged as she twisted her foot into the snow. Zatanna giggled at her.

"Well, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about. I'm thinking about you."

Artemis said with surprise, "Really?"

Zatanna nodded, "Yeah."

"Oh, why?" Zatanna was right in front of her. Artemis looked down into her eyes, trying to find the answers in them but couldn't.

"Because I love you."

"I love you too," She raised a brow, not sure where they was going.

"No, I love you, Artemis," She grabbed her hand and interlocked their fingers. Artemis couldn't get past how right it felt. It was like finding the missing puzzle piece. She took a moment to look at their hands. Then she looked into Zatanna's eyes. This time she found the answers.

Artemis let go of her hand and pulled the magician into a kiss. Zatanna quickly kissed her back with an equal amount of passion.

Zatanna was the first time to pull away. When they were done, tears were rolling down Artemis' cheeks. The raven haired girl frowned and wipe her tears off her face. "What's wrong?"

"I found my missing puzzle piece," She smiled. Zatanna chuckled before hugging her. The archer hugged her back as thigh as she could. For the first time in awhile, everything felt just right.

I wrote this as I listened to girl in red.