The After Effects (Spitfire)

So this takes place two years after Luna (My spitfire fanfic for y'all who should read it ;) ).  I wanted to do a oneshot of Wally and Artemis' life together after they got married. @Karma_WarHawx came up with the idea of Artemis having super speed as a pregnancy symptom and having twins. As a twin myself I couldn't resist. This is their idea :) so thank you! Also, this shows how much I don't sleep. It's 2:17 AM and I finished Luna a few hours ago lol.

It been two years since Artemis and Wally came back to life and had gotten married. Their return was still a complete mystery. Of course everyone had their own theories. Wally was in complete disbelief. He tried to justify it by science for at least a year and half. There still were no answers. But he had managed to open up something called the Speedforce. Barry and Wally were actively studying it. Eventually Artemis and Iris had to have an intervention.

Besides the studying of the Speedforce, a lot had changed for Artemis and Wally. For starters, they had gotten officially married although they counted their anniversary the day they woke up from their comas. For a few months, both of them lived in Will's home. They took care of Lian for him and decided to switch onto online schooling. It was hard to go back when you both declared dead. But after a few months they moved into their own house. Will was more than ready to have his own space back and Brucley was excited to be back with his two human parents. For awhile, life felt perfect.

However one year into their marriage, things felt empty. There was a important piece of their life missing. It was something both of them wanted for years: A baby. When they were still dating, they knew they both wanted kids one day. They didn't try to have one and even prevented since they were still in school. It was mostly talk of having on one day. But now that they were settled in their forever home, married, and had well paying jobs, they were read to take the final step.

For eight months, Wally and Artemis tried to get pregnant. It was challenging process. There were nights where they would sit alone in quiet, thinking the worse of themselves. And it wasn't until the fifth negative that Artemis cried. Wally hadn't known of her built up heartbreak and jealousy of never being able to have a baby until then. He just held her tight and promised that when the time was right, they would have a baby and their baby would be the miracle they needed. And eventually Wally was right.

One day Wally surprised Artemis with a breakfast in bed. After his morning run, he decided to surprise his wife. He noticed she was having a tough time recently and wanted to do something nice for her. He had spent time making her pancakes with fresh fruit on the side. There were banana slices, raspberries, and blueberries. Plus, he made her a giant mug of coffee. Coffee was her favorite.

He walked right next to her side of the bed. He had the tray of food in his hands. Just before he opened his mouth the wake her up, Artemis jolted up right. "What the hell is that smell?"

"Breakfast?" Wally raised a brow, "It's your favorite, Babe. Pancakes, fruit, and co-

-Don't even say it or I'm going to throw up. Oh my god, get it out of here," Artemis stood up from bed and covered her nose with her elbow. Wally kept his eyebrow raised as he settled the food tray onto the nightstand. He picked up the mug of coffee and looked down at it, "Is there something in it or?" He held it closer for her to see. He heard Artemis gag before she ran to the bathroom. Wally immediately placed the coffee back on tray before speeding into the bathroom with her.

She had just finished throwing up when he walked in. Before he could ask if she was okay, she said, "Hand me a pregnancy test."

It was a positive, clear as day. They were both so excited and would have jumped up and down if Artemis wasn't ready to vomit again. They booked an apartment for the following day, just to see how far along she was and if everything was okay. Their baby was completely healthy ... In fact, both of their babies were.

Apparently first generation speedsters were great at making twins. But that wasn't the only blessing Wally West created using his incredible gift of speedster powers.

They were in the kitchen when Artemis experienced a new side effect of pregnancy. Besides her weird cravings, thirstiness, and constantly wanting to jump Wally's bones, this one came as a shock. Wally had just gotten home from teaching a class. Artemis was looking in the fridge for leftovers. Sure, Artemis was eating for three (including two little speedsters) but even Iris didn't eat as much as her when she was pregnant. Artemis ate almost half a fridge a day. And not that it matter but she managed to still remain a bit underweight for a pregnant woman with twins. When food went into her mouth, it was like it disappeared.

Wally was looking at student papers when he heard a fast, repeating tapping noise. At first he assumed it was Brucley wagging his tail. But when he looked into the living room, the dog was fast asleep on the couch. Plus the sound was too fast to be his tail. Naturally he assumed it was himself. He had the tendency to tap his foot sometimes. But when he looked down at his shoes, his feet weren't moving. He looked at Artemis next.

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed when he saw her fingers tapping against the finger at the speed of sound. Artemis turned around to raise an eyebrow at her husband. Her fingers were still tapping absentmindedly. Wally slowly pointed at her hand. When she noticed she let out a yelp and jumped away from the fridge.

"Whatthehellwasthat!?" Artemis yelled, but the words came out in super speed. She clapped her hand against her mouth in shock. Wally's jaw dropped.

"Oh my god, Artemis, you have super speed! Wait. You have super speed? How the hell did you get that!?" He yelled too, "Do you know how long you've had it for?"

Artemis placed her hands on her swollen stomach, "No! I didn't even realize I could do that ... But I guess I've been hungrier than usual since I've hit four months and my temperature got higher. I thought it was just pregnancy stuff."

"We have to call Iris and Barry." The two postponed dinner for awhile to call Wally's aunt and uncle. They first asked if Iris experienced any unusual symptoms of pregnancy, like eating half a fridge full of food a day without excessive weight gain, high body temperatures, and extremely fast rambling. Her answer was no. Then they broke the question. Did she develop super speed while pregnant? Her answer was no.

Artemis sat down at the dining room table with her elbows on the table and her hands in her hair. She pulled at it, "I got pregnant and have super speed. What if I'm a speedster for the rest of my life? God, I'll have to raise two baby speedsters, take care of my speedster husband, and then my speedster self!? God damn it, Wally, and your curse sem-

-Babe, relax," Wally walked behind her chair and started to rub her shoulders, "It's okay. It's probably just a symptom of your second trimester. If you were going to become a full time speedster, it would have happened when we exited the Speedforce."

The blonde let go of her hair and moved her hands down to her belly bump. There she felt the kicks of their two perfect babies, "You're right. But this is still your fault."

"I know it is," The ginger sighed and rolled his green eyes, "Everything always is."

"Wait! When I go into labor will my cervix contract faster?"

"That's what you're concerned about!?"