21

I smile but can't help to feel like my life is the only one going wrong. I rush back outside and down to the large tree as I began to cry. I didn't want any of this to happen.

I love him, I know that now. It's to late, we've already made our relations clear to each other. I feel in love with the son of Adonis, I feel in love with him like the sun loves the moon.

He was truthful to me about everything, I took his truthfulness for granted. I put his words into something else, along with his absent is something different. The sun no long shines as brightly as I thought it have before, I no longer wish to get up early morning to watch it rise.

Adonis has made me pay for my sins is the cruelest of ways, he brought his son into my life just to rip him away. He has burned me with candles of light and my wings have been broken, Adonis has taken my wings and turns them to ash.

He has made me mortal, while his son can fly as far as he wants. He cursed me to the earth as his children can go anywhere they please. He has taken my godly-made creature and turned him into another Angel amongst us.

——————————————————

Lizzy and Jane are laughing and talking about what's happen. I'm in bed thinking about him I can talk to him now that I've came to the realization about him.

"Can you die of happiness? Do you know, he was totally ignorant of my being in town in the spring."

"How did he account for it?"

"He thought me indifferent."

"Unfathomable. No doubt poisoned by his pernicious sister."

"Bravo."

"I think that's the most unforgiving speech you've ever made. Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy. If there were such another man for you."

"Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin."

They start laughing as I hear a carriage coming up. I sit up and look out the window as sometime comes to the door. We all rush downstairs as papa opens it for the guest.

"Lady Catherine."

We all now as she comes in, she steps near the fire.

"The rest of your offspring, I presume. All but one, the youngest has been lately married, Your Ladyship. And my second eldest was proposed to, only this afternoon."

"You have a very small garden, madam."

"Could I offer you a cup of tea, perhaps, Your.."

"Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Adelaide Bennett alone. As a matter of urgency."

They quickly leave as I turn to the angry woman.

"You can be at no loss, Miss Bennet, to understand why I am here."

"Indeed you're mistaken. I cannot account for this honour at all."

"Miss Bennet, I warn you, I am not to be trifled with. A report of a most alarming nature
has reached me that you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy. I know this to be a scandalous falsehood, though not wishing to injure him by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known."

I look at her, she's seem to believe them true.

"If you believed it to be impossible, I wonder you took the trouble of coming so far."

"To hear it contradicted, Miss Bennet."

"Your coming will be rather a confirmation, surely, if indeed such a report exists."

"If? Do you then pretend to be ignorant of it Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?"

"I have never heard of it."

"And can you declare there is no foundation for it?"

"I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with Your Ladyship. You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer."

"This is not to be borne. Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?"

"Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible."

"Let me be understood. Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now, what have you to say?"

"Only this. If that is the case, you can have no reason to suppose he would make an offer to me."

"You selfish girl This union has been planned
since their infancy. Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth
whose own sister's elopement resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage only achieved at the expense of your uncle? Heaven and Earth, are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted? Now tell me once and for all,
are you engaged to him?"

"I am not."

"And will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?"

"I will not, and I certainly never shall. You have insulted me in every possible way and can now have nothing further to say. I must ask you to leave immediately."

I step back and go to leave but turn to her anyway.

"To be honest you with Your Ladyship. I think of your nephew as a god-like creature. I met him when I came back home, I didn't know who he was and I certainly didn't care. I didn't like him to start but after I seen my drawing hanging in his museum I laughed. I relaxed and came to the realization that I love him, and no matter what you or anyone else thinks. Good night."

I quickly walk back up the stairs as she leaves.

"Addy, what on earth is going on?"

"It's just a small misunderstanding."

"Addy."

"Oh, for once in your life, leave me alone!"

I get back upstairs and lay in bed. I just lay there and cry, I can't help but love him. He loved me just the same, it's ruined just like our sun.

—————————————————

It's early morning, the birds are chirping and it seems dull. I don't know if the sun is crying as well or if it's my punishment but I know that I wasn't able to sleep.