Chapter Fifteen

harlem's perspective.

"You sure this is okay?" I ask Christian as I lotion up.

"Yes. I told you, anything you want, we can figure it out. If your brother staying here for a while makes both you and him happier, then it's fine with me."

I smile and peck him on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Oh! And we have a therapy session tomorrow night. I found a really good one not too far from here. The appointment is at 3pm so please don't make any other plans." I tell him.

"Ok." He says.

"Alright, I'm gonna go to the airport to pick Carter up. I'll be back." I give him another peck on the lips. "Please do not have my kids on them damn iPads and siting in front of the TV while I'm gone."

"Yeah yeah." He shoos me away playfully. I grab my purse, cell phone and keys and make my way downstairs.

"Jeremiah, Harmony, Caleb! Come here!" I call my kids. They all come running into the living room. "Mommy is going to go pick up your uncle, uncle Carter. I know this is going to be your first time meeting him but he will be here for a little while so make sure you guys be nice to him and share with him. Make him feel comfortable."

"Ok." Jeremiah and Harmony says.

"Caleb? Do you understand?"

"Yes mommy."

"Okay." I kiss all of them on the foreheads. "I'll be back before it's time for dinner and bed so just be good for grammy and daddy until I get back."

I give them all forehead kisses again and make my way out of the door. I drive over to the airport and wait for Carter by his flight gate, scrolling through social media until his flight arrives.

After about 30 minutes, his flight finally arrives. I stand up and watch all of the people come out of the gate until I see him in the crowd of people. I wave him down and he comes over to me, a smile on his face. Seeing him smile makes me smile wide, and I hug him as he comes up to me. I haven't really seen him this happy since he was a baby.

"I missed you." I tell him. "How are you?"

"I'm ok. So I can stay in LA with you all summer??" He excitedly asks as we walk over to baggage claim.

"Yup! You get to meet my husband, and you get to meet your niece and nephews and my mom in law. You have plenty of people to play with and we can go out and do fun stuff if you want. We have snacks, video games, all of that stuff that kids like."

"I can't wait! I don't like being back home."

"Why not?" I ask him.

"I don't have friends and I don't know anybody. And it's boring. I want to be out here with you."

Hearing him say that made my heart melt. "Well I'm happy you're here with me. Hopefully you like it here."

"Are you going to send me back home? What if I want to stay forever?"

"That's something I'll have to get back to you on. I think that I may be able to make it happen."

"Hopefully."

"Yeah, hopefully."

We get his luggage and then make our way back to my house. When we get there, I park and grab one of his suitcases while he grabs the other. "My kids are a little wild sometimes so don't be alarmed if they ask a lot of questions or wanna play with you."

He nods in understanding and we go inside the house. The aroma of curry chicken fills the home, meaning my mom in law was cooking dinner. We made it back just in time.