• Twenty Four •

Start from the beginning

  "If you don't have any tatoes, why don't you just eat steak?" Noelle asked him as if it was normal for him to just eat steak. It wasn't a problem for you, but Asta's never eaten anything but tatoes for 15 years of his life. He fell on all fours in defeat.

  "Damned royalty!" He yelled, almost ready to smack his head on the sand.

  "Yeah! Money's really important! I totally understand what Stupidsta's saying!" Kahono pitched in. Asta stood up and she immediately went to violently shake his hand.  His eyes went white as he tried to free himself from her hold.

  "Seriously, who are you calling Stupidsta?!" He yelled at her basically scared of her.

  "Was it Kasta?" She asked, already have forgotten his name.

  "I told you, it's Asta!" He yelled back

  Oh, right. Asta! You've got a funny friend other gi- oh?" Kahono stopped mid-sentence and her smiled faded. Asta looked around, eyes popping out of his head. He asked what was wrong.

  "Stupidsta, your body's weakened." She told him.

  "It's Asta, damn it! Huh?"

  Your muscles are pretty fatigued." You were surprised she could tell just from shaking his hand.

  "Do you ache when you move?" She asked. Asta looked up at her.

  "Wait, how can you tell?" He asked. Kahono giggled.

  "That's my power." All of you tilted your head, confused. "Power?" You asked.

  "Don't worry. You'll feel better in a sec." Kahono held her arms out by her side and began to sing another melody. Many bubbles suddenly appeared around her. They surrounded Asta and make their way through his skin to his muscles, quickly soothing his aches and pains. When Noelle asked how he felt. Asta was ecstatic to find out that his body wasn't sore anymore. He excitedly thanked Kahono who was happy to know that she helped him.

  "Great! That'll be 100 Yuls per session." Kahono held out her hand, waiting for her payment. Asta's mood instantly changed when he heard that he had to pay. 

  "Just kidding!," She turned away leaving Asta relieved "Or not!" She turned back, upsetting Asta again.

  "Money's important, right?" Her eyes sparkled as she acted innocent. Asta sighed and fished the money out of his pouch. 

  "Thank you for your business! Let me know when you want me to sing for you again!" Kahono took the money and winked, her eyes sparkling again while Asta was on the verge of tears because he had to give up some of his hard-earned cash.

  "That's just pocket money." Noelle mumbled but didn't go unnoticed by Asta.

  "How is that pocket money?! I can but at least 10 tatoes with 100 Yul!" He yelled at her.

  "See? It is change." She snootily looked away from him. Asta fell on all fours again, yelling about "damned royalty". Kahono laughed.

  "You're both really funny! How old are you?" She asked. The three of you answered that you were 15, which Kahono replied that she was too.

  "Hey, let's be friends!" Kahono suddenly suggested. Asta was quick to accept, as well as you. Noelle seemed to be in thought for a minute.

  "W-Well if you insist, I guess I don't mind. I'm willing to be your friend." With that, Kahono went to grab all of you for a group hug, but she ended up slapping all of you in the face. She backed up and giggled.

  "Oh, sorry. I'm so happy, I couldn't help myself. She blushed, placing a hand on her cheek. After a quick laugh, Kahono went to sit on a nearby rock. You talked a bit about your backgrounds.