twenty nine

twenty nine | detention

AFTER HEARING UMBRIDGE SAYING, "COME in," Harry, followed by Carina, entered Umbridge's office. Carina almost puke at the sight of her pink office. There're cats everywhere and she was confused how can Umbridge decorated her office like this.

"You're going to do some lines for me Mr. Potter, Ms. Black," She smiled fakingly at them.

‎Harry and Carina sat down on their chair before they searched for their quills in their bag when Umbridge stood up and said, "No, not with your quill. You'll be using rather special one of mine." Umbridge gave them one black quill each, and she added, "Now for Mr. Potter, I want you to write 'I must not tell lies'.

Looking at the black quill, Carina widened her eyes slightly as her childhood memories flew back, invading her minds.

"What did I tell you about helping muggles, Carina?!"

"She tripped and hurt her knees, grandmother. I'm sorry!" Little Carina cried out.

Walburga's stares didn't soften a bit as she gave her parchments and a black quill. "Write on these parcment, 'i must not help muggles' with this quill." Walburga demanded.

Confused, Carina asked her grandmother innocently, "Where's the ink, grandmother?"

Smiling wickedly, Walburga answered firmly, "You won't need it, Carina. Just wrote until these parchements are full with your writing and DON'T stop whatever happen!"

Umbridge annoying voice bring her back to the present, "And for Ms. Black, since you talked foul languange and being disrepectful, I want you to write 2 lines, 'Cedric Diggory died because of an accident and I must respect my supperior' "

‎Harry gritted his teeth while Carina didn't give Umbridge any response. Harry asked her, "How many times?"

‎"Well let's say, as long as it takes for the messages to sink in." Umbridge faked a smiled as she answered Harry's question.

‎Umbridge started to walked away when Harry turned his head to her direction and stated, "You haven't gave us any ink."

‎‎"Oh you won't need any ink." She answered with a fake tone of kind.

"This is ridiculous." Carina mumbled and started to write her lines. 

After writing his first line, Harry's left hand started to itch and getting redder in seconds. He continued to write second his lines when his left hand started to burn and forming a lines. Harry's breath stopped and his eyes were widening, shocked. There, in his left hand, words by words started to form a line that says, 'I must not tell lies.'

Carina Black never liked the feeling of using this bloody quill. ‎It really hurts. It felt like someone scratched your hand with a sharpened knife. Her hand burned from the pain. Her left hand was clenched into a fist, trying to block any pain. Harry noticed sudden changes in Carina and when he turned his head, his eyes filled with worried seeing Carina's left hand clenched hard until her knuckles turned white.

After he saw a line in his left hand again, he finally connected the dots. Carina wrote longer lines than him and Umbridge gave her more parchments than him. Blood started to drip in Carina's parchment.

 They continued to write their lines, refused to give any complaints. The lines will start to heal when it shows again at the same place before and that's the reason why the pain is doubled.

‎A parchment later, their hand were checked by Umbridge. Seeing  Harry's left hand was starting to bleed, Umbridge decided that it was enough. She dismissed Harry but not Carina.

Harry tried to argue but Carina shooked her head rapidly, telling him to go instead. With a heavy heart, Harry left Carina alone in Umbridge's office.

Still writing her lines as blood dripping into her parchment, Carina was asked by Umbridge, "Aren't you a Slytherin, Miss Black?"

"Is my green robes not clear enough for you, professor?" Carina asked Umbridge back sarcastically.

Umbridge giggled a bit before replied, "Slytherins meant to be pure. And you befriending muggleborns and halfblood. Aren't you staining your house?"

Carina gripped her quill hard to stop herself yelled at the toad, "Well, my pureblood friend treated me like I'm a shit but my muggleborns and halfblood friends treated me as a human." Carina faked a smile.

Umbridge stood up infront of Carina and leaned a bit before she spoke up, "Just a suggestion, dear, you're a slytherin. Make friends with pureblood." 

Carina smiled back and answered with the same kind tone as Umbridge, "It's my life, professor. And I don't remember asking for your suggestion."

Umbridge clenched her jaws and grabbed Carina's hand harshly. Carina flinched a bit at the pressure Umbridge gave to her, "If I were you, Miss Black, I better watch my mouth or these lines will appear on every inch of your body."

Carina didn't waver at all as she raised an eyebrows, "Same goes to you, professor. I finished my parchments. Thankyou for the talk."

Ignoring Umbridge, Carina stood up and didn't care if her blood was staining Umbridge's pink carpet. Her blood oozed nonstop and Carina had to bite her lips from stopping herself crying because of the pain. 

What's worse than the pain was the fact everytime Carina looked at her left hand, she saw Cedric's name written and the picture of Cedric laid breathless always came back, haunting her. 

"Carina?"

She stopped walking in her tracks, founding Harry with furrowed eyebrows. He walked fast towards the slytherin and held her hand in his and observed it, "You're worse than mine. Mine is already stopped bleeding, yours not." Harry stated in worried.

"I'm fine, Harry."

Shooking his head frantically, "No, you're not. We're going to Madam Pomfrey."

"Harry," Carina said softly, "I believe you don't want to give her satisfication, don't you?"

"Yeah, but it was--"

"Then we're not going to Madam Pomfrey." Carina cut him off.

Harry tried to reason, "But you're still bleeding."

"And it'll stop." Carina replied as she sent him a small smile.

Harry pinched his nose's bridge before sighning in defeat, "Fine, I'll search for the healing spells."

"Harry." Carina called out his name and titled her head slightly, finding worried Harry a little cute. "I knew the spell. Calm down. Now go to your dorm and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Let me walk with you." Harry spoke up confidently.

Carina looked at him weirdly, "Slytherin's common room is in dungeon." She stated the fact.

"I know."

"And gryffindor's in tower.

"So?"

"It's far."

"I don't care. I'm walking you to your common room and that's final." Harry walked towards slytherin's common room, leaving Carina who still stood there, looking at the gryffindor in disbelief.

"Well? Are you coming?" Harry asked in a 'duh' tone.

Rolling her eyes yet a smile appear on her pretty face, Carina followed him while mumbling, "Boys."