fourteen

fourteen | thestrals

CARINA BLACK NOTICED THE EXCHANGES between her best friends. She swallowed a laugh and bit her lips, refraining a tease. She cleared her throat and both of their friends looked up to her with a questioning look.

"I'm heading out," she announced while standing up. Theo and Daphne nodded understanding and put their books in their bags only to stop when Carina spoke again, "I said, I. Singular." She smiled knowingly at the two, "You lots stay here. Spending time together. Adiós!"

Before one of them can answer, Carina already exitted the common room and went toward the kitchen. Daphne blood rushing to her cheeks, fiddling with her fingers nervously while Theo shook his head, didn't believe that Carina really tried to get him with Daphne Greengrass.

Carina went to the basement and went to a potrait of fruits. She tickled the pear and the pear changed into a door knob. She opened it and was greeted by a house elf.

"Good morning, miss! I'm Baggins at your service!" The house elf chirrped. Carina's lips twitched, remembering Kreacher. "Hello, Baggins. I'm Carina Black. Can I have a meat?" She asked thr house elf.

Baggins nodded his head and answered, "Of course, miss Black! Of course!" He took some meats and gave it to Carina while bowing.

Carina took the meat and with a quick thank you she went out. She was putting the meat into her bags when she bumped, again, into someone.

The person in front of her chuckled at Carina. Carina looked up and snapped, "There's nothing funny, Diggory."

Cedric looked too amused for Carina's liking and titled his head to the side slightly, "Are you sure you don't bumped into me just to get my attention?"

Carina laughed sarcastically, "Ha ha ha. Very funny."

Cedric faked a gasped and wore a hurt expression but his eyes have a glint of happiness, "Ouch. You hurt me Black."

Carina rolled her eyes but her lips quirked a bit, "Sod off, Diggory. Don't you have interview to do?"

Cedric shrugged his shoulder as Carina walked, "Not yet. It's still Potter."

Carina nodded her head understandingly as they arrived at the yard, "Well, stay alive then. Bye."

Cedric opened his mouth to answer but Carina already walked away from him. He smiled to himself, enjoying Carina's companion.

Carina walked to the forest wanted to find thestrals. She opened her bag, took the meat and walked slowly to the thestrals. She streched out her hand and the thestrals ate the meat from her hand.

Her lips formed a smile and her eyes held a light. She patted the thestrals and gave them the meat again. She let out a chuckled when she saw baby thestrals ate her mother's meat.

"Hello. I didn't expect to see you here," a voice startled Carina. She placed her arm in her chest and she turned around, glaring only to find a long hair dirty blonde girl who wore a ridiculous glasses smiling dreamily at her.

Carina's smiled was wiped from her face as she glared at the girl and crossed her arms, "And who are you?"

The dirty blonde still smiling and walked slowly to Carina, streching out her hand, "I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood."

Carina looked down at the hand, judging and remembering that Lovegood wasn't part of 28 Sacreds. Carina contemplating and asked, "Blood status?"

She knew it wasn't a good conversation starter but can you really blame her? Walburga would threw a fit if she knew Carina befriending half blood or worse, muggle born. Wait no, talked. If Walburga knew Carina talked to more half blood and muggle born, she'll get cruciatus curse in a heart beat. But of course, Potter was an exception she thought. She let her guard down every single time she thought about that annoying Potter.

Luna still smiling at the girl in front of her, "Oh you don't have to worry about your family you knowm I won't tell them that we talked."

Carina's eyes widened, shocked. She was a little scared that Luna was a legilimens. How can someone success in entering her mind? She never let anyone entered her mind.

She quickly regained her posture and shook Luna's hand, "Black. Carina Black."

Luna walked side by side with Carina and said, "Nice to meet you, Carina."

Unlike everyone, Luna called people on first name basis. Carina nodded, acknowledge.

Carina thought hard wether to ask her about being a legilimens or not. She opened her mouth to ask but Luna beat her to it, "You can ask anything you know. Your head full of Wrackspurts."

Carina furrowed her eyebrows hearing the word Wrackspurts. What in the name of Merlin is Wrackspurt?

Noticing Carina's confused look, Luna explained, "Don't worry. It's invisible. They float in through your ears and makr your brain go fuzzy."

Carina sent Luna's a weird looked, "Right.." she paused a bit then turned her head into Lun's direction, "Are you a legilimens?"

Luna was feeding the thestrals as she answered, "No, but I wish I was." She replied dreamily, "I want to learn it but it's hard."

"It's not hard," Carina argued.

"Well, I'm not very good at practical you know? Are you a legilimens?" Luna asked Carina.

Carina nodded her head, answering Luna. Luna grinned widely and commented, "Cool."

"Then how do you know what I thought earlier?"

Luna blinked a few times and smiled at the black, "It's written on your face, Carina. Do you want to talk about it?"

Carina glared at the dirty blonde and scoffed loudly, "So what? You can mocked me? No thanks," She faked a smile and feed the last meat to the thestrals.

"I won't judge you," Luna spoke softly, "It's okay to talk your problems, Carina."

Carina wore her usual blank but intimidating expression and hissed, "It's not okay. It's weak."