eleven

eleven | triwizard

TO SAY CARINA BLACK WAS impressed was an understatement. She was a black afterall. Just like Walburga said, showing your emotion means you are weak. That's why she tried so hard to fake her emotion. But seeing Thestral in real life was different.

Carina realized that she always had a thing for magical creatures. But as a profession, it wasn't a choice. Same as a healer. Since she went to the hospital wing, she looked at Madam Pomfrey's job and she was amazed by it. But of course, it wasn't a choice. Like Walburga told her, she must work in the Ministry, just like her grandfather, Orion.

Her thought was cut by a screamed in her ear. She glared at Theo. Theo smiled innocently at her, "What?"

"What?" Carina snapped, "Oh I don't know maybe why in Salazar's name you screamed in my ear?"

Theo shrugged his shoulder and enter the cariage. He lend out his hand, helping Carina. Her ego was big, she decided to ignore his hand and enter the cariage by herself. Theo snickered, "Don't be mad, princess."

The Black sat straight, ignoring her curly haired friend. Her black hair was neatly straightened. Her new black dress was wrapped by an expensive black robe. Daphne Greengrass let out a sighed, "I can't wait for the feast. I want that apple pie."

Carina smiled fondly at the blonde, "Me too, D. Me too."

The rode to Hogwarts was full of bickering between Carina Black and Theodore Nott. Most of the time Daphne must cut them in the middle of the line. They're just having fun, they didn't realize that they're making memories. Afterall, it was the beginning of the end.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

It wasn't a normal occurance. Usually, the students must changed into their robes before they arrive at Hogwarts. But this year, they are allowed to change to their uniform in their dorm. 

Carina followed other students to the yard when she saw a white elegant carriage flying and pulled by 7 white unicorns. It landed gracefully, nearly knocking Hagrid. Theo sneered at the half giant whila Daphne scolded him.

Carina heard one of the weasley twins saying in an excited voice, "Well, there's something you didn't see everyday."

Daphne poked her arms and pointed to the black lake, "Look at the small boat. It looks so tiny."

Theo scoffed, "It's the Durmstrang. Wait till you see it, doll."

Hearing the pet name from Theo, Daphne's cheek tinted pink and she looked down, trying to hide a smile. This action didn't go unnotice by Carina. She smirked, knowing her little Daphne had a crush on the biggest fool, Theodore Nott.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

The sorting ceremony was done and all of the students sat on their house's table with the new first year. Usually, after the sorting ceremony, the feast started. But Dumbledore stood up and went to the podium, gaining everyone attention.

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement," Dumbledore started. While Dumbledore still talking, the door was opened and Filch came in, running.

Theo, who sat next to Carina, nudged her shoulder slightly. Carina glared at the boy and following his eyes. She saw Filch running but his knees were very high. She couldn't help but snickered and Theo snorted a laugh. Both of them cleared their throat, seeing Daphne's look.

"This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well.  You see, Hogwarts has been chosen," Dumbledore was cut by Filch who whispered something to Dumbledore. Filch ran outside and Dumbledore continued his announcement.

"So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event : The Triwizard Tournament." Everyone started to whisper, excited to hear the news and cannot wait to join, "For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contest. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear," He paused a bit, "If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming, the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. And their headmistress, Madame Maxime."

The door was opened wide. A group of girls wearing blue dress and robes entered the great hall. They started to dance and Carina caught Cedric's eyes, looking at her. She titled her head to the side slightly and winked playfully at the boy. Cedric chukled and shook his head.

After greeted the headmistress, Dumbledore announced, "And now please welcome our friends from the North. Please greet our proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff."

The feast soon started. Beauxbatons sat with Ravenclaw, while Durmstrang sat with Slytherin. Carina saw a few people brought a huge package that she soon found out was The Goblet Of Fire.

While Dumbledore was explaining the tournament, a weird man with fake eye and a large wooden leg made an entrance. He pointed his wand to the ceiling and the thunder stopped strucking.

Carina couldn't care less about the tournament. She rested her chin on her palm and waiting for the students to dismiss. She close her eyes and asked her friends, "You know, the last triwizard tournament a student die." She opened her eyes, founding Theo and Daphne's eyes already on her, "Who do you reckon this year?" She joked.

But oh how she wish she can take it back.