twenty five

twenty five | spoken and unspoken words

HEARING KNOCKS ON HER DOOR, CARINA groaned loudly before she got up and opened the door. Her eyebrow slighty raised, clearly annoyed with the person who knocked on her door, "What do you want? Want to talk to me about family again?" She asked sarcastically.

"I wanted to apologize, actually." Ron said after pausing a bit, "I was being insensitive and I felt bad so sorry."

Carina looked at him, glared at him. Ron shifted uncomfortably under her glares. Just like third year, she thought. "Apology accepted."

Ron let out the breath he didn't know he was holding, "Thank Merlin."

"Molly ordered you, didn't she?" She smirked a bit, quite entertained by the family.

Ron nodded and scratched his nape awkwardly, "Yeah.. Well, goodbye then. Have a nice day."

Carina was about to close her door when she and Ron heard loud screaming from downstairs. They both locked eyes and walked towards the source, finding Walburga's potrait screaming at Hermione.

"Dirty, mudbloods in the house of Black!" Walburga shreaked loudly.

Apparently, she screamed loud enough to be heard by the whole house because a few seconds later everyone were gathered in front of her potrait, except Kreacher.

Sirius and Carina looked at each other and the latter started to walk, approaching the potrait. Walburga in the potrait notice the girl, "Oh, Carina dear. Please do help me remove this mudblood, halfbreed and bloodtraitors will you? They're staining The House of Black!"

With a loud sigh, Carina looked to Sirius and spoke tiredly, "Just close the curtain."

Sirius hurriedly close the curtain after regaining his self concious, hearing Carina denying Walburga's order.

"That's an awful woman," Fred commented.

Molly hit him in the arm lightly while George snickered at the comment. Carina turned around, facing others as she spoke, "If she do that again, just close the curtain. She'll stay quiet."

After the incident, Sirius tried to approach Carina but she always found a reason to escape him. Carina hated him for leaving her father alone, taking all the abuse from her grandmother. But at the same time, she felt bad for Sirius because he was a prisoner in azkaban for a crime he didn't commit.

It was midnight and she cannot sleep, so she decided to go to the kitchen in silent. She walked without any noise since she was 7 because Walburga twice punished her just because she went to kitchen in the middle of the night.

"Carina?"

Carina flinched at the sound and clutch her chest, trying to slow her heartbeat. "Oh, Sirius."

Sirius smiled, "Come sit here." He tapped a chair besides her. Unwillingly, she sat there.

"I'm sorry, for leaving Regulus alone that day."

"Grandmother and grandfather became more violent than before, you know? They were mad, shame, dissapointed on you so they took it all out of my father. It's not fair."

"I know," Sirius closed his eyes as he exhaled deeply, "And I know I haven't be a good brother for him so I want to be a good uncle for you." He offered her a smile.

Carina bit her lips. She wanted to say yes, she really did. But Sirius hurted her father so badly. If Sirius didn't leave him that day, he probably still be alive until now and Carina will have a dad. "I'm sorry I can't." Carina shook her head and got up from the chair, looking at Sirius, "I'm sorry, Sirius." Then Carina left Sirius alone with all the guilt that was eating him alive.

Carina really wanted a father figure in her life. She really did. But she can't. Carina Black cannot grew attached to anyone. Because if she lost them, she may not be healed. Her first mistake was getting attacted to Cedric and now he's gone and it hurts like hell. So no, he won't take that risk with Sirius.

The next day, Carina spent her time studying to prepare her OWLS. Even though she already learnt it with Walburga, she needed to review it again. But soon, her study session was cut out by the twins.

With a tired sighed, Carina asked the twins after she closed her book, "What do you need?"

Fred and George locked each other eyes and both of them were nudging each other. "Well, Georgie here have something for you." Fred talked first.

Carina raised her eyebrows, silently asking for further explanation.

"You taught us how to make amortentia so-"

"Not in a million years." Carina cut George off.

George gaped, "I'm not even done talking!"

Carina shrugged her shoulders, "Let me guess, you want me to try it. No, I won't do it."

"Please? We made the amortentia by ourselves and you made the antidote for it. And it's here. Just give it a try." Fred showed him a bottle of antidote and shook in infront of Carina's face.

"Why don't you do it then?"

George pursed his lips, "I don't keen the idea of Fred being in love with me."

Carina shook her head, "No, still a no." But when she looked at the twins' pleading eyes, she bit her cheek and cursed herself. You become a marshmallow, Carina, get it together.

Rollint her eyes, Carina agreeing to the twins. With invisible mischievous smirked, the twins gave Carina the bottle. With one gulped, she drank all of it and didn't feel any effect.

"Well, that's weird. I guess your amortentia didn't work." She shrugged as she gave the bottle to George. With a fake sad smile, the twins said goodbye and laughing as they went to their rooms.

Not feeling to study anymore, Carina spent her noon taking a nap, waiting for dinner. She woke up to a loud voices, yelling. Opening her eyes and facing the ceilings, she smiled looking at the constellations.

Carina brushed her hair before getting out from her room but she found out her jet black hair turned into blue. A horror strucked in her face az she took harshly the nearest mirror. Looking at her reflection with blue hair, she breathed hard as she remember. Fred and George.

Fred and George bloody Weasley didn't give her amortentia, they gave her potion to change her hair colour. And it was blue. "THAT GIT! I'LL KILL YOU FRED, GEORGE!" She yelled in anger before she marched out, searching the twins.

She opened their bedroom but it was empty, before she heard a loud yell again from Ron's room. They must be inside, she thought. With her light blue eyes and red face, Carina marched to Ron's room, opened the door harshly,

"FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY I GAVE YOU 10 SECONDS TO RUN BEFORE I KILL YOU AND-"

"Carina?"

Carina's head snapped towards the sources only to find her favorite pair of green eyes looking at her, "Harry." She breathed out.

Harry's anger to Ron and Hermione vanished the second he saw Carina Black standing there, even with her new blue hair, "You're here." He stated with a wide smile on his face.

Carina gave him a smile that reached her eyes as she replied, "I'm here."

And so Carina and Harry got lost in their own world, forgetting about everything and everyone. With unspoken words, they said to each others.

Harry Potter missed Carina Black and vice versa.