forty four

forty four | quidditch and kisses

THE SKY WAS WASHED WITH GREY, watery light illuminating thin patches to brilliance. The air was frozen lace on the skin, delicate and cold. The Golden Quartet was walking on Sunday, enjoying their Hogsmeade trip together. Their breath rises in visible puffs to join the darkened clouded night sky.

Rosy-cheeked, they stamped to keep warm, pulling woolen hats over their reddened ears and tightening scarves over their blue-tinged lips. Teeth chatter and yet, all of them have smiles, adorning their faces. "For weeks, you carry around this book. Practically, sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the Half-Blood Prince is," Hermione changed their topic from quidditch, earning a scowl from Carina.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious," Harry denied and continued with distaste on his face, "And I don't sleep with it."

Ron shrugged and commented, "Well, it's true. Well, I got a nice chat before I go to bed. And all you do is that bloody book. It's like being with Hermione."

Carina burst into laughter at Ron's comment and threw her arms around Ron with a big smile. "This. This is why I like you, Weasley."

"What can you say, Black, I'm likeable," Ron replied proudly.

Hermione shook her head at Carina and Ron before stated, "Well, I was curious So, I went to—"

"Library," The three of them completed her sentence.

Hermione looked at them weirdly before continued, "And nothing. I couldn't find a reference anywhere to the Half-Blood Prince."

"It's okay, Hermione," Carina patted Hermione's shoulder, trying to cheer her up seeing the devastated look on Hermione's face, "We'll find the owner."

Out of nowhere, Harry questioned out loud, "Does anyone fancy a butterbeer?"

————————

After Slughorn told Carina that her father, Regulus, was a member of Slug's Club, she immediately told Slughorn she'll come. Harry quickly explained to Ron and Hermione about Dumbledore's plan. Some minutes later, the four of them exited The Three Broomsticks and went back to Hogwarts. What they didn't expect was Katie Bell, Gryffindor's chaser, threw into the air while screaming loudly in pain.

The next events were like a blur to Carina Black, to say the least. The four of them got called by McGonagall and Snap, Slug's Club was boring as hell, but at least if her father could stay, so did she.

The next thing Carina knew was she was standing next to Hermione, watching the quidditch match. The two of them shouted and screamed, alongside every students and professors watching Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

Well, it was tough for Carina. She was a slytherin but at the moment, she was wearing Harry's Gryffindor quidditch jumper — on Harry's order—.The felix felicis that Ron drank was working and Gryffindor was so close to victory.

"It's not right!" Hermione huffed while crossing her arms.

Carina averted her eyes from the match to Hermione, "What's not right?"

"This!" Hermione gestures to the match.

"Nothing's wrong with it, Hermione."

"Ron drank felix felicis, Carina!" Hermione shout-whispered to the slytherin, her eyes full of terror. "Oh, if Professor McGonagall found out she—"

"She won't find out, Hermione," Carina assured her while shaking her head. "No one will find—"

"POTTER GOT THE SNITCH, GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

Carina's sentence was cut of by happy screams from all houses except Slytherin. She was annoyed that she didn't get to watch her boyfriend caught the snitch but she was happy for the gryffindors. She clapped hard with a grin, watching the Gryffindor's team flew around the quidditch pitch.

It was until Harry stopped at her with a big goofy smile on his perfectly sculpture face. "How was I?" He questioned while pushing his glasses, leaning slightly to the railing.

"Bloody brilliant, you are!" Carina exclaimed excitedly with wide eyes. "Oh, I'm so proud of you, Harry! Honestly, you are the best seeker I've ever—"

Harry cut her off by gently placing his soft lips against her, ignoring the gasps and cheers from everyone else.

Carina froze, not expecting Harry to kiss her in front of everyone but soon moved into the kiss, closing her eyes in delight and contentment.

The two of them couldn't help but smile into the kiss as Harry cupped her cheek, wishing nothing more to pull her closer.

It was warm, it was intense, it was raw, it was soft, it was sweet and tender, it was perfect.

Harry pulled away slowly, pressing his forehead against hers. The two of them still grinning while their eyes were swirling with different emotions and most of all, love.

"I fucking love you, Harry Potter," Carina giggled with a blushing cheek.

Harry titled his head slightly and with a small smile he said, "And you are the rightful owner of my heart, Carina Black."

And Harry meant it, every single words of it. Harry's heart wasn't his anymore, it was Carina's.

With a soft smile and tender look, he then pulled her into another long, sweet, passionate and tender kiss.