Chapter 10 - Lauren

3rd Person's POV

    Shawn and Camila were in 8th grade when in the middle of math class the principal went in and by her side a girl with mesmerizing eyes they were the colored green, enchanting you to look her in the eyes as you talk.

    The principal introduced Lauren and urged her to sit at group 8 who had only Camila and Shawn. They were next to each other and the chair in front of them was empty. They smiled at Lauren who gave them a dashing but sad smile at the same time.

    After math Camila had history and Shawn had science so they went their separate ways during that time of day. Even though Shawn and Camila were best friends they still had a couple of friends but never opted to talk to them at lunch break since none of them understood the bond between Camila and Shawn so they just stuck to each other which was not a bad thing.

    In History Class, Camila learned that the same sad and mysterious girl from math class would be her partner on their current project.

    "Hey, I'm Camila, we're in the same math group?" Camila offered her hand for Lauren to shake. Lauren shook her hand with a smile on her lips. She sat down and they listened to class and shortly began researching images for their project.

    "Class, I want you guys to work on this at home if possible with your partners." The teacher announced as the end of the period approached.

    "Do you have a phone?" Lauren asked. Camila nodded and ripped out a piece of paper from her notebook and wrote her phone number down. "I don't have a printer to print the images, do you have one?" Lauren asked.

    "Yeah, I'll ask my mom if you can come over and you ask yours." Lauren nodded in agreement as they exited the classroom and on their way to the cafeteria.

    "Do you want to sit with me and Shawn?" Camila asked. Lauren nodded and followed her to the table where Shawn and Camila usually sat.

    "So... are you guys dating or something?" Lauren asked as they ate. Shawn almost choked on his food and Camila blushed profusely.

    "No, we're best friends, we're neighbors and basically grew up together." Camila said a little bit flushed.

    "Why does everybody ask if we're dating or not?" Shawn asked annoyed but not annoyed at Lauren but the situation itself.

    "Maybe because kids our age aren't usually mature enough to have friends of the opposite sex without a little flirting or desire to get together?" Lauren offered with a shrug. Camila and Shawn looked at her with wide eyes. Throughout math, science, and lunch she didn't talk much and this was the longest sentence she'd said during the time they'd met her.

    After that they spent a lot of time together and Lauren is about the only person who understands their weird but conventional relationship. They all hung up in school and outside of school.

    One day during freshman year Camila caught Lauren kissing a girl behind the school. Camila and Shawn were nothing but supportive of her coming out but they wish her parents could say the same.

    They kicked her out and exiled her for three months. For three months she crashed between Camila's house and Shawn's.

    One day Camila had had enough of her parents treating her badly and decided to take matters into her own hands.

    She knocked on their front door until they opened and let her in so they could talk.

    "Camila honey, good to see!" Lauren's mother cheered as Camila walked into the living room. She looked around and saw no trace of Lauren. It was like she had never been there. They both looked like Lauren wasn't their daughter.