Chapter 8 - New home

Shawn's POV

Writing the letters was difficult but the hardest was seeing her collapse in my mother's arms when she got to the house. I was outside of the house and out of her view. I knew I shouldn't had done it, I know that but I had to see her one last time. I didn't know when or if I was coming back so I had to see her one last time.

My dad went to pick me up at the airport. After a long drive we arrived at a medium sized house not at all like the one we lived before me, mom and Aaliyah went to live with grams.

    "Nice house." I complimented as we walked in the front door.

    "Thanks, after you guys left I couldn't bring myself to live at the house alone with all the memories hanging around so I rented the house and lived in a small apartment until I had enough money to buy this one. All though the family that rented the other house found home in it and asked if I could sell it. I wasn't going to but then I saw their kids running around the house and the family pictures and thought we once found home in it. Why not let them find it there too? So I sold the house." Dad concluded as we walked into the large kitchen.

    "That's really cool dad." I smiled at him.

    "Okay, how about I show you to your room and while you unpack I make dinner?" My dad suggested. I raised a brow when he mentioned cooking. My dad laughed, shaking his head. "I lived alone either I learned how to cook or I would gain 200killos from eating fast food." I laughed because it was true.

    My dad walked me up to my room and I was touched to see a queen sized bed, a closed with some clothes, a desk with a couch next to it with the window view facing the woods. The bed was made and there were some photos of me, my sister, me and my mom, me and my dad with my sister when he went to visit a couple of weeks ago. And then I saw. A beautiful picture of me, Camila, Sofia, Aaliyah, my dad, my mom, my grams, my grandpa, and Camila's abuela. I breathed in and looked at the picture again. So many people, so many things to look at but the one thing I could focus on was her.

    I shook it off and started to unpack. There were things on the desk like school things. I realized they were my schedule for the new school along with materials, and the books I would need for school. I was truly touched that my dad had gotten all this stuff for me in the spam of 2 days. Yes I stayed in a hotel for two days before getting on the flight since there were no flights available I stayed in a hotel to think about everything and if I was making the right decision. Part of me thinks my mom and dad didn't book me the earliest flight because they wanted me to think about and I honestly don't blame them.

    In no time my dad called out saying dinner was ready. I made my way back downstairs and into the dinning room.

    The tables were made and we had pasta for dinner.

    The silence was killing me so I decided to ask something I had wanted to ask since I first saw him at the Cafe.

    "So dad have you ever had any girlfriends after the divorce?" There was no other way to ask it so I just asked straight up.

    My dad laughed and shook his head. "No, umm. I didn't date anyone after your mother." My dad confessed. I felt bad that he was alone here with no family since they were all gone and the only family he had left was us.