Chapter 3 - Let's begin! (Part 1)

3th person's POV

    Middle School.

Shawn and Camila just started middle school, 7th grade the beginning of puberty.

Despite the fact that boys and girls are supposed to not be friends they could care less about the rules of middle school.

"Hey, come by my house tonight let's watch a movie." Shawn said as he caught up with Camila as she exited Mrs.Bliss history class.

    "Sure, but don't you have a science test tomorrow?" Camila asked as they walked side by side of the walls of middle school.

    "Yeah, I do, but I am ready for it and I need my guitar player there so we can sing and unwind." Shawn draped an arm around the short brunette. People always thought they dated but the two didn't care about that at the moment.

    "Okay, how about I quiz your lazy ass and then we practice music or watch a movie whatever," Shawn grinned at her proposition, but then he heard the end of the proposition. "but! If you don't pass the quiz, we will study until you pass it. It doesn't matter if I have to sleep there." Shawn's smile disappeared as soon as she finished the sentence. Camila grinned and left for her next class.

    "Come on Shawn! You got this." Camila cheered him on as he thought hard about the answer.

    "I can't Cami. I'm sorry I am not ready for this test!" Shawn dropped dramatically on his bed making Camila chuckle.

    "Alright then. No movies, no music instead we are going to study for your science test. Then when you pass that test because your badass best friend helped you, just then! we will watch a movie and practice music." Camila said making Shawn groan and nod his head knowing that arguing with her was useless.

    Some time Camila went downstairs to grab some snacks and try to keep him awake.

    She entered the kitchen and was startled when she noticed Karen was there.

    "Oh, hey auntie!" Camila waved at her. In the latin culture people were more affectionate to the point to call their friends mom auntie.

    "Oh hey hun. What's going on?" Karen asked as she stood up to take her mug to the sink.

    "Well the plan was to play and watch a movie but... he isn't ready for his science test tomorrow so I'm helping him study." Camila explained as she grabbed some snacks and sodas from the fridge. Karen nodded knowing damn well her son tried to throw off studying to watch a movie but then got quizzed by Camila and failed so now he is having to study until he passes the quiz. Karen smiled and kissed her forehead.

    "Alright, I'm going to bed you two or you have fun with his suffering." Karen laughed along with Camila.

    "Goodnight auntie." Camila kissed her cheek and went upstairs to find Shawn tugging at his hair.

    "Geez you're going to be bald by the time we're fourteen knucklehead." Camila laughed. Shawn looked back at her and gave her a smile that made her knees weak. Camila shook it off and placed the snacks on the desk. "Alright, what are you having trouble with?" Camila asked as she sat down next to him. They both reached into the bag of chips at the same time and their hands collided. It wasn't something new, they had touched before, hugged, even cuddled but this time there were sparks that sent chills down her spine. She pulled her hand away and looked at Shawn to see if he felt the same thing. Shawn looked like he didn't feel anything so she just shrugged it off thinking it was just her. But truth be told it wasn't. Shawn felt the same thing but didn't want to startle her and mess things up so he decided to just pretend like he didn't feel it.