Chapter 5 - Let's begin! (Part 3)

Good luck 👍
Camila couldn't believe it. Shawn had feelings for her or that's at least what she could hear. Camila loved him but not in a romantic way at least. 'I mean I didn't think so.' She thought to herself.

Camila's POV

My phone buzzed with a text message from Jake asking me out on a date. I looked back at the window to see Mrs.Mendes looking at me through the window with a sympathetic look. I nodded and closed my window and blinds.

Texting my mom for permission I slid on some jeans and a hoodie since we were only going to the movies. I texted Mrs.Mendes to ask if Sofi could stay with them until my mom and grandma got home. She said yes and asked if everything was okay. Not feeling like explaining I said that I was going out with a girlfriend from school. She told me to be careful and text her if I needed anything I could text her. Sofi went to her house and Jake picked me up shortly after.

"Hey beautiful." Jake greeted me with a hug. I reciprocated the hug and we got in his car. Jake was a junior in high school so he had a car and a lot more experience than me. Half way through the movie our hands touched as we both reached into the popcorn container. He chuckled when I pulled away like my hand had just been burned. He reached for my hand, grabbing it and bringing my hand up to his lips he kissed my hand and placed it back down. I blushed at the sweet gesture. The rest of the movie we held hands and I leaned my head on his shoulder towards the end of the movie.

"So who did you like the movie?" Jake asked as we walked hand in hand back to the lobby.

"I liked it. It was really interesting how they solved the problem with the class and how by the end of the movie they were all united and fighting against the racist principal." I concluded. Jake chuckled and nodded his head in agreement.

"Crap, my mom is calling me to go home." Jake said under his breath.

"It's okay, go! I can catch an Uber or call my mom." I said genuinely.

"No, I'll take you home, I picked you up so I am taking you home my mom can wait. And besides I wouldn't let you catch an Uber this late." Jake said as we walked towards his car. I blushed at his words and worry.

He opened the door for me to get in then gently closed it. He hopped in the driver's seat, buckled up and started driving through the familiar streets.

"What do you want to listen to?" Jake broke the silence.

"Whatever you want." I shrugged. Jake shook his head in disagreement.

"You pick. I will listen to whatever you want to listen to. In fact why don't you plug in your phone?" Jake handed me the cable to connect my phone to. I chuckled and connected my phone.

"Just be warned I listen to a lot of Taylor Swift, and Ed Sheeran." I warned as I went through the playlists on my phone.

"Great! I also listen to a lot of Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran." Jake grinned. I shook my head in laughter and played 'Out of the woods' by Taylor Swift. And wouldn't you know he actually knew the song. I laughed when he started to make faces and dramatically sing along. He had this invisible microphone that he 'handed' me but still kept his attention on the road. I started singing and his eyes widened in surprise making me chuckle.

We sang from 'Out of the woods' to 'thinking out loud'. When we arrived at my house he opened the door of his car for me and extended his hand out to help me get out. 

"You're really fun Cabello. Hope you had a good time." He said as we walked to my front door.

"I had a good time too." I confessed. we reached my door, turning to look at me he said.