Chapter 15 - The embrace long overdue

Shawn was in his room packing and looking around at all the boxes and plastic bags. He sighed and thought to himself that he would actually miss the place and even though his grandma went to visit he still missed her and the house but most of all he missed the short brunette that made his heart beat faster and his brain stop working when she called him handsome or made a dirty joke. Lauren had yet to tell Shawn that Camila and Jake had broken up but mainly she didn't because it wasn't his fault and Camila was doing fine after a couple of days so she didn't debate on torturing Shawn. But still she felt that there were tough times coming ahead and all she could do was pray that both her best friends would come out of it together rather than separated.

    "Hey son... so I hope we're good...?" Manny said looking at Shawn. Everything had kinda taken Shawn by surprise and Manny felt bad that he didn't tell Shawn that he was seeing Karen again or that they were planning on going to live with Karen, Aaliyah and their Grandma who was found of Shawn's father but not trusting and really no one could blame her.

    "Yeah, just it kinda caught me off guard that's all." Shawn answered and exhaled.

    "Sorry, I wanted to tell you but me and your mom, we were unsure of how and if honestly. We just wanted it to be our thing for a little bit, there were things we had to consider and honestly we had to talk a lot about us and what had happened we weren't sure if it was a good thing for us to be together again but one thing led to another and in no time I was texting her about 20 times a day and she knew how my day went and I knew her's." Shawn's dad exhaled and finally looked up form his hands from his nervous ramble. He was met with a teary eyed Shawn who looked at his dad with a look he hadn't seen since he was little and that look was a look proud and awe of his dad.

    Shawn took a step forward and did something that usually his dad initiated and always made him feel uncomfortable. For the first time Shawn really hugged his dad without any pressure or uncomfortableness from either of them. Manny wrapped his arms around Shawn and so they hugged with no words necessary between them.

    His father left shortly after so he could pack the rest of his things. They were going to drive back to the US and they were taking a uhaul with their things. It was Wednesday and they were planning on leaving on Thursday and arriving there Friday. They would spend the weekend settling in and Shawn would go to school on Monday. Shawn was for sure nervous about going back, for many reasons but the main reason was Camila.

    Shawn and Raquel would be driving his car while Raquel's parents and little brother were going in their car. Manny was driving his SUV and the uhaul hooked up behind.

    But back home Camila was in her room cleaning up for the first time in months. She felt good, she felt... happy. For the first time since he left she felt like she would survive.

    But no one had told her that Shawn was coming back and even though her mom and grandma knew no one knew who would tell her. So they just stayed quiet and Lauren took her out on Friday knowing that Shawn would be coming back and made sure to take her back when Shawn was all packed in and she even checked and prayed that his car wouldn't be in the driveway when they arrived. But knowing Lauren's plan Shawn put his car in the garage and closed his blinds and window.

Shawn's POV

    Arriving home after so long was a little bit emotional but I didn't cry. I was happy to be home.

    I opened my door and the smell and feeling of nostalgia came to me in the form of memories. Memories of me and Camila sitting on my desk studying, laying in my bed just talking, writing and playing instruments in my room, or really just making silly faces through the windows. Everything came back and it hit me like a train. I fell to my knees and felt the tears come to my eyes. I silently cried to the memory of me hugging her and wishing she knew what I felt.

    After I put away half of my stuff I received a text from Lauren asking if my car was in the driveway or in the garage. It was odd but I answered and then went back to playing. I had my blind and window closed since I knew I couldn't handle seeing her right now. I softly played the piano and the sound of her laughter coming from the street pulled me away from the instrument and towards the window in which I slowly lifted up a part of the blind and saw her smiling and laughing with Lauren on the street. They hugged and Camila walked back to her house. Her figure moving towards the door had my heart beating at hundred miles per hour. I left the window and textured Lauren.

Shawn:
You didn't tell I was back did you?

    She didn't answer but it was seen. I sighed and shook my head before throwing my phone on the bed and going downstairs to have dinner with my family who was now reunited after so much time and energy spent on being apart.

    That night I went to bed and tossed and turned but sleep wouldn't come so ever so quietly I made my way to the piano and put on my headphones. I played as quietly as I could but one thing caught my attention.

    My blinds were still closed but I could see the light being turned on in Camila's room. I took off my head phones and lifted the ever so slowly lifted up a part of the blind to see Camila panting and breathing hard still in bed. She must've had a nightmare. I thought to myself. She turned off the light and went to bed. I left the window and went to bed myself thinking about how much I wanted to climb into bed with her and hold her.

Author's note

Did I catch you with the title?

Just a filler and a little prank with the title but I promise it is coming soon.

Hope you liked it don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

xoxo Love Ana xoxo