A cold look on her face, Ylva walked toward Whitehair. She placed a hand on her son's shoulder as she stared up at Whitehair, glaring at him hatefully. "Well, are these men guilty?" She suddenly asked as she turned to the crowd, who cheered in response, "And what is it you all believe we should do with these traitors?"

The crowds began to shout, calling for the deaths of the men who had caused them so much.

Ylva turned to face some of the men loyal to her. "Take these men away," She demanded and they immediately obeyed her while the crowds around them cheered.

Lagertha walked over to Bjorn, linking her arms with his. "Remember, my son, your full responsibilities of Kingship," She reminded him and Bjorn turned to give her a puzzled look, "These people are not just ruled by Ylva now, they are ruled by you as well. You are their king. You must show that instead of letting her do everything."

As Lagertha walked away, Ylva made her way over to Bjorn with a concerned look on her face. "What is wrong with Hvitserk?"

"He has been acting like this for days now. He hasn't been sober since Freya died. It is how he is coping," He explained, only to notice the saddened look on her face. He sighed, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. Ubbe has Gyda watching over him."

Hearing Bjorn's words, Ylva frowned and glanced around in confusion. "Where is Gyda? And where is Rorik?" She asked, which was something Bjorn and Ylva began to wonder.

It was their first official business as the new royal family of both Kattegat and Ashton, yet Rorik and Gyda hadn't attended. Rorik most of all should have attended. He was, after all, going to be king of both lands one day when Bjorn and Ylva died.

_____

"Mother will not be happy when she realizes we were not there for the sentencing of the rebels," Rorik had spoken up as he stood in the woods with Gyda, sparring.

"What do you care what Mother thinks?" Gyda retorted as she let out a large scoff, "I hear you have found yet another woman to warm your bed. A girl named Amma."

"She is not just any other woman," Rorik argued, lowering his sword as he decided to not spar with his sister any longer, "I love her," He confessed, only to find Gyda smiling at him in utter amusement, "What?"

"Dear brother, you fall in love with a new girl every week," Gyda complained, earning a glare from Rorik.

"Amma is different. I truly love her. I really do. I want to marry her. I want to have a family with her," He explained and let out a scoff, "And you are the last person to shame me for who I fall in love with. You fell in love with a man who was not only married, but a Christian Saxon king."

"Lady Elsewith was pregnant when I was last there," Gyda informed Rorik, smirking while Rorik stared at her with wide eyes.

"What of it?" Rorik quickly asked as he tried to maintain composure.

"As I recall, you bedded her about a half dozen times before she married Alfred. That child could easily be yours," Gyda reminded Rorik, who smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Eh, Viking blood to strengthen their royal line, I suppose," He waved her off and Gyda scoffed.

"You're disgusting," She complained as she rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Yet you have spent every waking moment with me since you returned. Do you have any other friends?" He retorted, earning a glare from Gyda, "I am almost two years younger than you, Gyda. You should have a friend your own age that isn't your little brother. A girl, preferably."