Chapter 38

Braylon's POV

I woke up and took a shower and done my business. I got dressed and grabbed my phone and bookbag, I walked downstairs and saw Cody. We walked out and he drove to school, we split up and I walked to the group. Emily was standing beside Iris and I walked beside her. She was still being shy and Braydon made it worse.

"Hey Em," Braydon said wrapping his arms around her neck, she blushed like crazy.

"Hey Braydon," she said and he took his arms away.

"Emily, I like your dad," I said. "He's funny."

"I swear, I have no idea where he got the idea I said my friends were peeps," she said and I chuckled.

"Boo," Carter said.

"Ah!" Emily yelled and she turned around to looked at him. "Don't do that." He was laughing.

"You're face was about as priceless as Braylon's," he laughed out and her cheeks were red.

"Jerk," she mumbled.

"What'd you say?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Um, I just-"

"I'm kidding Em," he said and smiled.

"You're mean," she said.

"But I'm hot," he said and she touched his cheek.

"Not really, you seem warm," she said and we laughed and he playfully glared at her, she started laughing too.

"I love your laugh," he said.

"Thanks, I guess," she said nervous, I remembered Ariel and how she didn't return my calls or answer my texts. I saw Talon walking down the hall.

"Hey guys, I'll see you on Zane's class," I said and they nodded, I ran to Talon.

"Hey Bray," he said.

"Why isn't Ariel in school?" I asked and he bit the inside of his cheek and looked over my head.

"Ariel doesn't live here anymore," he said.

"What?" I asked and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind the lockers so no one could hear.

"Ariel is adopted," he said. "Her dad left her as a baby and her mom commuted suicide. My mom and dad fostered her but she left. She been to different families."

"Why?" I asked.

"She didn't like it," he said. "No matter how good it was for her, she didn't appreciate it."

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'm their real son, I tried so hard to get close with her but she pushed me away," he said.

"So she left?" I asked with a little anger.

"Braylon, I'm just as hurt as you are," He said. "She didn't even tell me good bye."

"Thanks for telling me," said and I started walking down the hall. I was having mixed emotions, from hurt to anger to feeling betrayed. I texted her.

To: Ariel

"Hey Ariel."

From: Ariel

"Hey Bray, what's up?"

To: Ariel

"Nothing, why aren't you at school?"

From: Ariel

"I'm sick."

To: Ariel

"Oh really? I'm pretty sure you kept the secret of you're adopted! You moved and you didn't tell us! We trusted you redheaded mermaid!"