Xiao ✨ Y/n (M4A)

Hello, this is Nyao at 4:32AM, having to write after the big writer rush

"Reminiscing"

           Arms linger on their torso, his head  deep on their neck as he lovingly placed small pecks and kisses by the curve. For the adepti to be this affectionate, it would be to be alone by their lover's house, where, unlike those that dwell in the summits, their humble abode laid hidden by the waterforms that lay around the mountainous region of Liyue. Being the adepti that breathed water onto Liyue's many rivers under the hydro archon's gift, a vision to be specific, they fit well in any setting, be it under the prosperous civilization in Liyue Harbor or their abode of immortals that protect the city. As water takes the shape of its container, Y/n was quick to act upon a personality that fits right onto Liyue, but if there's anything that Y/n would love to be, it would be themselves, and for the Yaksha Adepti that roams at Wangshu Inn, he was quite giddy to have seen Y/n's maskless self.

          Just like Y/n, Xiao masks himself in  a lonely person's shell, fearing to get close to the mortals and watch them breathe their final breaths with a grin before they turn back to dust. While Y/n had multiple masks, he had one, but he had seen through all of them just as the bringer of water could see beyond his, finding a lone wolf howling graciously in the night, and in their response, they were sure to answer back with their own howl.

          Everyday felt like an eternity, especially for the two adepti that spent their time protecting Liyue, watching over the seals Morax placed to keep the world from harm, especially Osial, who had risen once over Tartaglia's recklessness. Now, Liyue was back at peace, though the Jade Chamber was no more. Xiao wouldn't want anything more as he watches his lover smile under the light that frames her face, filtered by the forest leaves under a bright day.

          He reminisces the time of his confession, when the war finally reached its falling action. Many had suffered under the geo archon's heavy stare, the gods falling out of their thrones with the swing of a heavy sword that felt like harbor waves that swish under an earthquake. When the war was over, so was the pain, and although many allies were swept away by malice, Xiao found himself admiring the adepti that gave a glaze lily on the allies that fell to death's sweet embrace. It still stands on the plains of Guilin, glaze lilies that continue to repopulate. He learned to love the adepti that brought life to the oceans of Liyue when they remained despite the chaos of before, where the demons continue to wreak havoc, and the yakshas slowly departed in vain and malice, where Y/n still played their part in fulfilling the Morax's request, to protect Liyue. He could never understand why Y/n stayed until...

         the night where the lanterns flew like stars in the sky, departing from its homeland and onto the black abyss, lighting up the night as if it was a canvas. He remembered the exact words uttered by soft whispers of the sweet adepti.

           "Liyue is a beautiful land of prosperity," The figure started, watching the sky light up from the summit of a place neighboring Mt. Tiangheng.
           "From the beautiful sceneries of Liyue Harbor to the picturesque sunrise in Qingyun peak... this is truly a place I can't simply depart," Xiao looked at the figure beside them, the sword-user's eyes reflecting the light. "But that is one reason," Y/n chuckles.
            "I've stood beside Morax, fighting those that oppose thee, and protecting those that he loves, because I came to love his creations and his people, but nothing had enticed me more than you, Alatus," Y/n smiles with glee. "I stayed because like every adepti, you are dear to me," Y/n whips out a bamboo box.
          "That's why," Xiao opens the box, revealing chopsticks with dragons that decorated it. "I've kept this to confess my feelings towards you. I love you, Xiao. I love you, Alatus, and I will always be there for you and our dear allies, no matter your answer."

          "What's with that dazed smile?" Y/n asks the male who stopped responding for a moment. "Ah, I apologize. That night is still fresh on my mind, despite the centuries that passed by," Xiao whispers. Ah truly, there was nothing better a love that will last a lifetime.