Baizhu ✨ Y/n (M4A)

"Winter Sickness"

"I will get Doctor Baizhu. Please wait," Y/n paled at the mention of his name. "NingguaANG-," they coughed as she immediately closed the door. "-no..." Y/n paled as they looked at the oak doors in horror. Being one of the important personalties of Liyue, the inventor and heir/ess to the strong-willed mining company of Chasm and Mingyun, and Ningguang's sworn sibling, there was no doubt that their love for each other were just as strong as the Jade Chamber but with love comes great responsibility, and one of them is informing Doctor Baizhu of poor health... yikes. Keqing could only look with an apologetic look masking her amusement at how this personality of Liyue deduces themselves to a child under the ill weather. Keqing could already see the dread on their face, yet she could only sigh as she placed a hand at their shoulder and said, "Good luck." "Don't leave me," Y/n cried out before Keqing laughs, "Doctor Baizhu will be here soon. Don't worry," and closed the door.

          Y/n pouts. Doctor Baizhu... was such a miracle worker, but the taste of his medicinal herbs were always so disgusting on the tongue. Seeing as they have forgotten the taste of the bitter medicine of their childhood, one can not be too sure whether it is as disgusting as their old self proclaimed it to be. Y/n couldn't bear to think of the bitter and mediciney taste in their mouth.

          "Lady Y/n," Y/n's head snaps up from their slumber, their bedhead and their unusually messy hair making the man laugh. Y/n was often clean, and seeing their disheveled figure was quite the change for Doctor Baizhu, the pharmacist in Bubu pharmact, with an enigmatic personality, and an unusual intelligence. "Doctor," Y/n called out as he sat on a nearby chair, Changchang murmuring something the heir/ess couldn't catch. "How are you, and what do you feel?" Baizhu asked, playing wkth the basket of herbs by his lap. "A little hot, and my head hurts," said Y/n as they sat up, the rag on their head falling. "Anything else?" He neared the h/c-haired sickly, his hands touching their neck. It was burning hot. Y/n sniffled as snot ran down their nose. Instinctively, they pulled out a napkin to blow their nose. "Ah colds and a sore throat, I assume?" Y/n nodded. "Don't worry, Lady Y/n," Y/n looked at he doctor as he pulled out the herbs. "You'll be in good shape in no time," Y/n paled.
Sweet archons. Please anything but THAT

          The bitter taste of medicine was not as bitter as Keqing had described. "You look confused," Baizhu chuckled at their face, as if it had braced for nothing. Changchang softly hissed as if she was communicating with the doctor. She often talks in Teyvatan language, but Doctor Baizhu could have also learned snake language for such private matters and mutterings. "Herbs for these are not that all bitter. Steam and mint flower tea will relieve you of that runny nose. As for your throat, you'll have to intake apple cider vinegar, and oregano." Y/n looked at Baizhu with a confused expression on their face. "I've also brought sone lovely mint candy. Sweet and absolutely divine. They're Inazuman candies called Kohakutou," Sitting on a lovely bowl were crystal-like candies. "You made this?" Y/n looked at the smiling male. "Qiqi and I made them together. It was an easy recipe. I can teach you how when you're better," the thought of the zombie made the sickly figure smile.
          "They look just like quartzes and jades," Y/n commented. holding a small piece in their small hands before ingesting the sweet menthol candy. The candy was hard, much like an ore, but as seconds passed, it had become soft as jelly. The taste, Y/n, could not let it pass; the menthol was cool to the mouth, and the sugar was pleasant. Being an avid spice/sweet taster, there was no doubt that they loved the homemade candy.
"It tastes sweet and minty," Y/n had a blush coated on their cheeks, redder as the minty, yet sugary taste soothed their throat.
The two continued to eat the delicacy, the pharmacist feeding his reptile at least once in a while. Soon, Y/n's brows were furrowed, "Doctor Baizhu? Shouldn't I be... drinking the herbs?" Y/n couldn't help but ask. "Well, these candies have medicinal value, especially for one with cough and colds," Baizhu explained, "And these candies... they are simply too precious to just be wasted." The snake hanging around his neck chuckles. "What he really is trying to say is that he'd rather give these candies to you because you're precious," Baizhu looked at his companion with a glaring grin.
          Y/n, on the other hand, blushed at Changchang's remark, though it shouldn't really be seen with how red this seasonal sickness is making them feel. "I'll be taking care of you for the whole winter, so I should at least make sure you're comfortable," Baizhu gently smiles, patting their head. Soon enough, he exits the room to talk to Ningguang and Keqing about the predicament.

          "You're going easy on Y/n, are you?" Keqing looked at the man with furrowed brows. "Calm down. Baizhu is simply enamored by Y/n and wishes to take things slow and pleasant." Baizhu chuckled, "Lady Ningguang sure knows about everything of Liyue. As expected, she would also come up with an accurate conclusion to my gestures." "Well then. Enjoy the winter taking care of your soon-to-be lover-" Keqing smirked.

           "Winter sickness, yet I can tell I'll be getting myself sick from now on, fufufu," Y/n smirked, eavesdropping by the door.