New Year 💠 Drabble (2021 words)

「XIAO」光           The lights have reigned over the Liyue air, floating as the clock strikes twelve

「XIAO」光
The lights have reigned over the Liyue air, floating as the clock strikes twelve. Under the lights was a lone figure , awing at the sky with mesmerization. Suddenly, they hear footsteps, and come across their star-crossed lover of golden-hued orbs and the most traditional and mystical of attire. He sat by their side, taking hold of their hand.
Despite the archon's passing, these two will forever hope for this tradition to last. As the sky was alit with glowing lanterns, they watched with amazement. Xiao turned to glance at his lover, watching how their cheeks were warm with a natural glow, their eyes locking in on the picturesque scene before them. They sat by Mt. Tiangheng, gazing at the cities below and following the lanterns above.
Right then and there, they felt strong, connected even, with everything of Liyue. Their fates will remain star-crossed, the gears of reincarnation ticking like the clock of life. The thought of waiting yet again, another hundred years pains him so, and yet he continued to bask in their presence. He loved this figure beside him, and will continue to do so for as long as life on Teyvat goes. Right then and there, he lifted their chin to share a kiss by the lanterns of the sky. Such a lengthy kiss, they had, but it seemed like the burdens of their shoulders had lifted, just like the warm lanterns that looked like stars from far away. As the kiss ended, he whispered softly, "I love you, past, present and future." Caressing their cheeks, warm like a little ember. "I will find you, I will love you more than a thousand years," His lover's eyes slowly watered, joyful tears leaking out of their eyes. They lunged themselves to his figure, laying down by the grass. "I love you, Xiao... more than anything. If the time of my reincarnation comes... will you find me?" Xiao looked at his lover with a rare smile, "Of course. I will find you, every corners of this world, I shall explore." His smile was warm, real, and bright... Y/n swore the world shifted when his lips curled to smile. The love, adoration and admiration they felt for the yaksha was, if not, bigger than Teyvat. "And until then," His hands fished out a black box, intricate gold designs gliding across the canvas. Y/n knew this to be the chopsticks that signify engagement and commitment. Their eyes sparkled at the item. "Keep this in memory of me, my love." The light shone bright in front of their eyes... it was as if the fog of any conflict has lifted.

「SCARAMOUCHE」ご来光
           To see the first sunrise of the new year was often tradition in Inazuma, and every citizen continue to obey this annual gesture. It brought hope for the Inazumans, and anticipation, especially for Y/n. On the said person's hand was a small bird, a shimaenaga with black eyes that gaze in adoration, and soft cotton feathers that looked like snow. They softly whisper a message to the little bird, the wintry bird softly chirping in the late morning. It was almost time, and the comfort of their little feathered friend was enough to reminisce the lovely moments of the sun casting its light for the first day of the new year. The sky would be turning to a lighter blue soon, and the first sunrise will be in front of everyone. Being in the snowy caps of the Inazuman mountain, there were only a few people on sight, mostly the elderly.
           They buried themselves onto the warmth of their haori, watching by the fence all alone. They sighed; they would be spending the first sunrise all alone, it seems. The shimaenaga seemed to disagree, making them smile. "At least you're here with me, Scara," The bird chirped happily. All of a sudden, they hear the soft footsteps, and they looked back, anxious of who could it be, and their eyes widened. "I'm home," He said.