That Was My Favourite Top Though

Start from the beginning

We entered the office building together, after Xavier spent the entire car ride explaining how baby blue makes me look adorable and the particular outfit I was wearing made me look 'fucking edible'. His words, not mine. You see why I never use blush as a part of my makeup routine.

I went on my rounds around the office and Bailey ran up to me.

"Val you look like a cute blue teddy bear," she gushed, looping her arm around mine as we walked the floor together, me finishing my work as she chatted on animatedly. 

After a few hours of doing everything on my checklist for the rounds, I returned to my desk on Xavier's floor and as I walked to his door, I almost wanted to sprint because I missed him so much. 

I am the definition of a clingy girlfriend. 

Did I just say girlfriend?

I entered his office, and he was massaging his temples, clearly stressed out. I walked over to him and he smiled his charming smile, the one that could make me kiss him right there. I stepped behind him and slowly massaged his temples, the back of his head resting against my chest as he turned slightly in his chair to make it easier for me.

"Is this okay?" I asked and he nodded, his fingers enclosing around mine and tugging me to sit on his lap, where he held my waist securely.

"What's wrong?" I asked in worry, but he smirked in an utterly sexy way.

"You are amazing, baby. But all I can think is what I'll have my face buried into if I turn my head around," he said, leaning in to kiss my cheek as realization dawned upon me. I stood up and shook my head as Xavier chuckled at my reaction.

"Check that file right there, babygirl," he said in a more serious tone and I walked around his desk, opening the file he gestured to.

A sticky note on the first page said, 'Do you want to be, baby?' and I immediately know he was talking about this morning. Xavier was looking at his laptop, unfazed by the look on my face which was a mixture of uncertainty, anxiety and confusion. 

I don't even have an answer for him yet. I placed the file down and grabbed some paperwork beside it, heading to the sofa to look through it. A heart shaped sticky note revealed itself when I shuffled the papers.

'Just say yes, love. I'll ask you to be mine right away.'

I looked at Xavier again, but he was still staring at his laptop screen. I propped the pillow beside me, but there was something written on it. Strange, Xavier had plain white and black pillows.

'Please say yes, darling.'

Okay, I was officially panicking. I haven't even thought of an answer yet, heck I haven't even thought about the question itself yet. Xavier is being such a sweetheart; I don't even know what to do. 

Realizing I need to actually think and take a breath, I stood up, walking out of his office without a word. I stood beside my desk and took in some deep breaths, thinking and possibly overthinking. 

Why is it so hard for me to make this decision?

Do I like Xavier?

Hell fucking yes.

Do I want to be with him?

Now is that even a question?

Yes, yes, I do. I do, I so do. But why can't I just say it? 

Why does this voice at the back of my head keep telling me to be careful, to not drag him into my life, that I don't deserve him.

The rational part of me spoke up at this point. Valentina, he already lives with you, in your house. At this point, he's all up into your life.