Chapter 20

It's been a couple of days since leaving alpha Zokris's empire. I haven't really seen Josiah since his fight with Ades. Even on our way back to his empire he wasn't present. According to Bella he decided to fly alone. Since arriving I've been getting threats from Kika due to not being able to work this weekend due to a dinner party I have to attend in part of the empire.

I'm currently sitting contemplating on ways to deal with Kira. I really need to be out from Wolfa's nightclub before I get caught, but with being in the same empire it's quite difficult. Many times I've thought of just coming clean with Josiah in hopes that he can help me out with Kira, but then I hold back knowing that'll make me look low. I fear I might lose what I've worked so hard to gain. I must figure another way without Josiah finding out.

The phone rings causing me to jump from the sudden noise. I stand up to pick up the phone unsure of who would be calling at this time.

"Hello," I confusedly answer.

"I've lost it all Jissyn," a familiar voice sobs.

"Father Nicolaj?," I question.

"Alpha Josiah has officially tore down the orphanage," he says expressing extreme sadness. I stay silent for a moment knowing this would eventually come. However, for some reason it's hitting stronger now that it's been done.

"I'm on my way," I hastily respond before hanging up grabbing my keys.

-
-

"The children," father Nicolaj breathes completely broken. It takes a lot in me to hold it together. From seeing father Nicolaj devastated to seeing the empty lot where there was once a orphanage. Many times I visited the building to see the children. During the holiday seasons I always took it upon myself to make goodie bags and purchase gifts for them. Seeing the children smiles warmed my heart every time. Some love art, others love sports, others love books. The children have dreams, dreams of their own.

"This isn't right," I murmur as all of the faces of the children run through my mind. My heart drops down to my stomach as I feel guilty. I've got distracted with my modeling contract that I let this whole disciplinary facility slip behind my mind.

"I gotta go," I say as I look at the time. It's late, but not that late I need to speak with Josiah.

"He's the alpha Jissyn," father Nicolaj utters as I continue on to signal for a taxi. I ignore father Nicolaj as I enter the taxi. I shake the guilt off of me knowing I failed those kids. How did I become so passive?

-
-

"Jissyn, it's late go home," Bella tiredly says.

"This can't wait Bella. I need to speak with him now," I respond.

Bella glares at me for a moment before saying, "I don't know who you think you are Jissyn, but you need to learn your place. I'm onto you."

"Excuse me?," I snap back completely confused by her comment. She glares at me and as soon as she goes to open her mouth Josiah walks in.

"What's going on here?"

"I need to have a word with you. It's of importance," I say beating Bella to it. Josiah crunches his brows confused on what could possibly bring me at this time to his home. However, he signals for Bella to let me in, which as much as it boiled her blood she did.  I follow behind Josiah as he takes us into his office.

"Take a seat," he calmly says as he sits on his chair across from me. "So tell me what's of importance?," he adds.

"You can't proceed with your plans. You need to rebuild the orphanage," I bluntly say.