Chapter 8

Everyone looks at one another confused by the alpha's behavior. I must admit, I'm a bit curious on what the heck just happened especially since we made eye contact. However, the blue eyed she-wolf speaks into the microphone before anyone starts to chatter about the awkward situation.

"Our alpha had a very important phone call to take, please excuse him. We all know how busy he is with our empire. He will join us shortly. Enjoy the party," she smiles, her white teeth shining under the sparkle of the chandelier.

"I need to find him," Lorella mutters as everyone gets back to enjoying the party. "Didn't you just hear? He's busy," I remind her from the announcement from a few seconds ago.

"Darn it, you're right. While I wait to meet my husband. Let's go have some fun," she says grabbing my hand pulling me into the back where a bartender dressed elegantly stands in his station while serving those around him.

"Two Henny shots," Lorella orders once the wolf is done serving the customers before us. "There's no way, we can intoxicate ourselves tonight Lorella. May I remind you, that we're still in business trying to impress sponsors for tomorrow's auction," I bluntly say to her.

Lorella being herself ignores me continuing to sway her hips left to right as she squeezes my cheeks which I swat away playfully rolling my eyes at her behavior. I turn around seeing Camilla and other she-wolves flirt with sponsors which is what we should be doing. Instead, we are wasting our time taking shots. This is not what I came this far for. I need to start working my charm for a potential sponsor. Moon, knows that I need one for tomorrow.

"Two Henny shots for the beauties," the bartender winks handing the shots over to Lorella. "Thanks cutie," she replies with a smirk.

"Wipe that grumpy face off your face Jissyn. Take this shot with me and we're both off to pocket us some sponsors."

I let out a deep breathe having no other choice, but to take this damn shot with her in order to get to work already. She's very pushy at times. However, maybe a shot can help relax the tension and nerves I'm currently feeling. I need to talk to sponsors comfortably, so I grab the shot glass from her hand waiting for her famous line whenever we get alcohol.

"Salud to us both for killing the runway show and being here tonight. We deserve this damn shot wooooooo," she raises the shot glass towards me which I do the same not being able to contain my giggle from her contagious spirit full of wildness and cheerfulness.

Once our glasses tap onto each other, we both take our Henny shot. I make a sour face expression feeling this strong warm liquid run down my throat and straight down to my stomach instantly feelings it's effects of relaxation.

"Let's get these D-"

"Lorella!"

-
-

I have no idea how much time has passed so far due to nonstop talking to different sponsors which felt like an intense interview every time. However, thanks to the shot, I was able to not get too nervous handling each talk very well. As I walk towards the white cloth table with a bunch of water bottles in a bucket full of ice. Moon knows I need some freshness right now from all of the talking.

Once I make it to the table grabbing a water bottle immediately gulping the fresh cool water down my throat instantly feeling its powers of freshness cool my warm body. A loud hyena laugh catches my attention seeing Camilla flirtatiously chat with the wolf I met at the runway show.