Chaper 1: The New Start

The sun was golden on the horizon as it set on a girl walking home. At first glance, you'd say that she was like any other raven haired teenager, her jeans and maroon sweater hiding her skin from the cars driving by. But, as you got closer, or happened to notice her face, you'd see purple skin, slanted pure black eyes, and small fangs protruding down slightly from her mouth. And then, you'd of course recognize Arachne Athena James, the daughter of the legendary Spencer C. James, and the first mixed species child to be born ever. Already she was written in history books, and had her baby photos plastered on any science magazine from 16 years ago.

She thought of this, as she walked down the sidewalk of the small California town, to which her family had moved to escape the press. Monster child, disappearing father, massive scandal of her mother's alleged infidelity, the list of reasons for random reporters to mug her for answers were seemingly inexhaustible. She sighed and turned up the music in her earbuds and swept the long hair out of her face.

"Come on, why can't you just ask dad if he can't get mom to come home." A white haired girl asked her twin that looked the same as her as the two walked home from the school they were in. Like their cousin, the twins had to move because mainly their mother. Katie or Mokali as she was now known had to go away to take care of the other gods and be a better ruler then Amogaru was.

"Sarah, mom has to take care of a bunch of grown men and women of a different race that act like five year olds and have superpowers. Do you think she will have the time for us?" Katherine, the calmer of the two twins said and noticed their cousin nearby and called.

"Hey cuz, wait up!" The now annoyed Katherine called and sped ahead of her sister.

Arachne turned, and was slightly surprised to see the pair of them. She looked down at the pair, a head or so taller than the pair.

"Hey there, kiddos." She said, her voice quiet as she turned off her music. "What's up?"

"We are only a year younger!" Sarah called as she almost ran to catch up. Katherine rolled her eyes, but smiled softly at her cousin.

"Nothing really, Sarah is asking me to ask dad to call mom so we can see her and maybe help you out with Uncle Spencer." Katherine said and looked up to the sky. "I can only wonder now how mom and aunt Tokali and Tomala are doing, but being the ones that put the other gods in their place." Katherine said as her long hair swished back and forth as she walked.

Arachne thought, and nodded. She'd always wanted to see her father, as she barely remembered her father. He'd left when she was only five years old. She'd heard from her mom that he was brave, if sometimes a little crazy. He was ambitious, and very powerful. He fought gods, monsters, and demons, all while only being 15. Of course, he'd lost spectacularly to said God, as she'd been told, but she still wanted to meet the legend she'd heard of. She'd seen old videos of him punching Trump's mech, but she'd never seen a proper picture. Still, she was determined to see her father.

The trio had reached their neighborhood, a row of houses with pine trees lining the streets and birdsong nearly deafening the monster-humans.

"I know you never got to see your dad. Mom always tried to get him to visit, but she never said why he never came with her." Katherine said as she looked away and down, feeling bad as Sarah took a chance.

"Hey, if Dad calls Mom, he could get Uncle Spencer to come too!" The shoulder length haired twin said as she flailed her arms.

"I'm sure he has a good reason. He sends gifts and messages, but he's always busy. You know what Aunt Katie says. He's... Far away..." Arachne trailed off, curious for not the first time where could possibly be too far away for a Goddess to summon him.