Chapter 11

"You stay here. I'll be back."

Storm left behind Benedict and shut the door behind. I struggled to get up but when I did I made way to the door. Claire rolled her eyes and started packing her equipment. She brushed passed me and then turned towards me.

"You just can't mind your own business, huh?" Claire said.

"If something has happened then maybe I can help." I said.

"That's hysterical. The girl who always manages to get saved wants to do the saving." Her loud laughing filled the room.

"Your a burden and your pathetic. I just don't understand why Storm is so fond of you." She said walking away.

I slowly made my way downstairs to see what was going on. Once I reached the living room I peaked through the doors so I could see what was going. It seem like Minerva was having a breakdown.

"Minerva, I need you to get yourself together! Tell me what the hell happened?" Storm yelled.

Minerva stood up, adjusted her dress and wiped her tears. She took a moment to get herself together before she spoke.

"It's Spencer." She took a moment and paused.

"H-h-he's dead." She bursted into tears.

"What do you mean he's dead?"

"I mean he's gone! No longer alive."

"How did this happen?"

"When we arrived home our mansion was set ablaze just like the club. Then out of nowhere Spencer was stabbed with a stake made from golden oak."

"Golden oak? There's not supposed to be any golden oak left in this world."

I can tell by the time in his voice that Storm was furious.

"Well, now somehow there is." Minerva said.

"Who did this?"

"I don't know. It was like a shadow."

"Fuck." He muttered under his breath.

Storm flipped a table throwing it to the other side of the room. He began to pace around the room with and agitated look on his face. I can tell he's troubled. The energy around him just increased drastically. He stopped and inhaled deeply. Then he exhaled.

"Minerva, your free to stay here tonight. I'll notify the other's on what's going on."

"I appreciate the kindness, Storm."

"Wow, I can't believe Spencer is actually dead. To think that there's someone out there who can kill hybrids is terrifying." I thought to myself.

"What are you doing down here?" Storm asked.

"Oh, I just came for a glass of water." I said nervously.

"Marilyn, don't lie. I know you have been standing here listening to everything." He said.

I can tell he was annoyed.

"I'm sorry..."

"Save it. I have other things to do." He pushed passed me and headed down the hall.

Once again my curiosity has gotten me on his bad side.

The rest of the night Minerva stuck by Storm's side. I understand she's grieving. But does she have to be right up under him.

"The others said they would stop by tomorrow. I even got in contact with Maddox and Jules." Storm said.

"That's good I suppose. Are you worried?" Minerva asked.