Chapter 8

"Storm, what are you doing here?"

"I was invited." He grabbed a wine glass off of a tray a waitress was holding and took a sip from it.

"Glad to see you could finally join us, Storm." Spencer kissed my hand softly and disappeared into the crowd.

I watched him leave as Storm moved closer behind me. He moved my hair out of his way and leaned in. Whispering in my ear. "You two looked cozy." He said.

"Yes, he offered me to meet him in his bedroom." A smirk grew across my face. He didn't exactly say that but it was implied. I just wanted to make Storm sweat a bit. Unfortunately, that did not work. It only backfired.

"That sounds great. I was thinking about inviting Minerva over tonight. It's been a while since we could both could get some alone time." He said.

I already knew his plan. He just wanted to annoy me and it was working. He walked away from me and headed towards Minerva. She greeted him with a kiss on the cheek and he did the same. This feeling of anger grew inside of me.

Storm looked in my direction for a split moment and winked at me. He held her close and whispered dirty things in her here. I hate that I can hear everything going on between them.

I stormed away and headed for the bar. "Tonight is supposed to be a Storm free night. He just had to show up and ruin everything." I thought to myself.

Several drinks later I find myself dancing loosely through the crowd with different strangers.

"Hey, Marilyn are you okay?" Cartier said.

"You came all the way across the room to check on me? You are so sweet!" I leaned in running my hands through his platinum blonde hair.

"I have been watching you down all those drinks. You might want to ease up." He said pushing me gently off of him.

"I-I do not have to listen to you. I'm fineeee."

I needed some fresh air so I left the ballroom and went out to the balcony. The view from up here was a sight to see.

I took another wine glass and took a few sips from it.

"You really need to slow down." Storm appeared standing by the balcony doors. I just rolled my eyes and continued to drink from the glass.

"Why don't you leave me the fuck alone?" He just stood there. He didn't say anything, just watched.

I laid across the balcony stretching my arms as if I were a bird.

"Marilyn, stop before you fall and hurt yourself." Storm said taking a step closer.

I just ignored him and kept moving around the balcony. I sat on top posing as if I was in a magazine.

"Look at me. I'm a baby bird taking flight for the first time." I laughed and leaned forward looking out at the beach in the backyard.

I leaned too far and fell over the balcony falling quickly towards the ground. Storm rushed to the bottom just in time before I hit the ground.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly as he caught me.

"Are you fucking serious? You could of hurt yourself falling from that high." He placed me down back on my feet.

"You have been avoiding me all week and all of a sudden you care? You're full of a shit, you know that?"

The tension between us started to rise. Rain started pouring as we stood across from each other silently. I was waiting for him to respond in an aggressive way but he just stood there. He then moved forward and stood directly in front of me.