Chapter 1

"Karla Camila Estrabao Cabello get here this instant!!" Alejandro stood in the doorway to his office, his face as red as a tomato, his blood pressure rising by the second.

"Yes Papa?" her voice and face were so innocent, her eyes wide, her hands joined behind her back, the very picture of innocence but oh if only that were the truth "Your face is red Papa, shall I fetch you some water?"

"Some water? Some water Camila?!"

"Yes Papa, perhaps it will cool you down, you don't look well"

"Well no I'm not well and do you know why?" again she gazed at him with her innocent eyes and simply nodded "Carlos Castro just quit"

"Oh"

"Yes oh, and would you know why?"

"Maybe?" she had an idea why he might have quit but she would rather not admit to it right now

"Maybe?! Camila that is three bodyguards in three months you have driven away"

"It wasn't my fault Papa, he smelt funny, like an old person in a young person's skin, I didn't like it, he had to go"

"Camila! Do you know how dangerous it is for you to not have a bodyguard right now? You can't leave the house without one, you will be locked up in here missing out on life"

"So find me a new one, a better one. A one that doesn't make me feel ill with the smell"

"Oh just find you a new one, you have worked your way through almost every one of the top bodyguards in Miami Camila, your reputation means we get turned down before we even ask"

"Papa if the bodyguard can't deal with an 18 year old girl how will they deal with the people that threaten my life?!"

Alejandro turned away in frustration, he knew his daughter had a point but he also knew his daughter. She was stubborn, head strong, a brat at times a sweet angel at others but if she didn't like you, you were gone, one way or another she would find a way to make you dissappear, but his business was a dangerous one, ever day there were threats on his daughters life, he couldn't take a risk with Camila, not after what had happened to his wife and his son.

Tears stung the man's eyes at the thought of his broken family. One way or another, no matter what it cost him, he would keep Camila safe. If it meant going to the end of the world to find a bodyguard that could cope with her then that is what he would do.

**************

As it turned out Alejandro didn't need to go to the end of the earth, in fact he only needed to go as far as Canada to find his next target to act as a bodyguard to Camila.

24 year old Shawn Mendes. Ex military, ex Canadian Mounted Police. Currently protecting some of Canadas shadiest characters and word on the street was he wanted out, wanted a fresh start.

A good guy gone bad, eyeing new opportunities sounded almost too good to be true but Alejandro had been assured he was the best of the best, took no shit from anyone and did whatever it took, no questions asked.

He sounded like he could maybe, just maybe stand up to Camila and not be scared off so Alejandro had spoken to him, asked him to name his price, and he had accepted and was currently in the air somewhere between Toronto and Miami.

************

"Camila, honey, this is Shawn, the new bodyguard. Shawn, this is my daughter, Camila"

Shawn reached out to shake her hand but Camila kept her hands firmly by her sides as she gazed him over from head to toe.

Black boots, ankle length black jeans, a white shirt opened far more than it ought to be when showing up to meet your new employer and a leather jacket, his chocolate colored curls fell over his forehead partly obscuring what appeared to be golden colored eyes. Camila snorted loudly.