Chapter 27

Shawn walked into the stylish 1 bedroom apartment he shared with Dana, his girlfriend of 2 years. He had just returned to Canada after completing a personal protection contract in Portugal, the assignment hadn't gone to plan, in fact it couldn't have gone more wrong but it was over with, forgotten about, Portugal was a long way away and Shawn had decided out of sight, out of mind was going to be how he dealt with it.

"Dana?" He called out as he dropped the keys to his jeep into the bowl by the front door and left his suitcase on the floor, desperate to get his hands on his girlfriend after being celibate for the last 8 months "Dana? Honey?"

The silence of the house was odd, she knew he was coming home in fact he had called her from the airport to let her know he would be home in just a couple of hours. Her car was parked in the driveway and the bumper was still warm to the touch when he had passed it by.

Suddenly it struck him, she was probably in the bedroom waiting for him, she knew it had been 8 months since he was last with a woman, or hand any kind of relief, knowing how he liked to deny himself whilst he was away from home, she knew how his body must be craving hers and God he was. Running down the hallway, he burst in to the bedroom, beginning to pull his t-shirt over his head when he was suddenly met with a scene he couldn't have imagined in his worst nightmares, releasing his top he lost his footing and fell backwards on to the ground. His hands slapping down hard onto the ceramic tiles followed by his ass.

Gazing straight ahead his brain struggled to comprehend what it was seeing. All he could make out was the rope... the red hair... the blood. Flinging himself over on to all fours Shawns stomach heaved as the room went white around him and over and over he wretched, releasing everything had eaten that day on to the bedroom floor.

**************

"Alguém teve contato com o Sr. Mendes?"

"Ainda não "

"Shawn?!" Cried Camila as she attempted to push herself to her feet but the blood rushed to her brain causing her to feel light headed and to fall back down with a crash "Are you talking about Shawn?" She asked frantically, only understanding the 'Sr. Mendes part of their conversation.

The two men looked at each other and then to Camila as though she was crazy.

"Shawn?" One of the men repeated, he was very tall with black hair sleeked back to cover a very noticeable bald patch on the top of his head. His long salt and pepper beard was wirey and Camila swore she could see bits of food stuck in it and that made her stomach lurch in disgust.

"Mendes... I heard you mention him. Shawn Mendes, my bodyguard. Ex. Bodyguard"

"Raul Mendes the man said in a thick accent that Camila didn't recognise"

"Oh... sorry..." Camila placed her head in her hands and felt tears threatening. When she heard the word Mendes she had been sure they were talking about Shawn but no, they were talking about some unknown man and that made her feel alone all over again.

She didn't know why but she just couldn't let go of the hope that Shawn was going to burst through the door at any time and carry her off to safety. It was strange in a town where her father was so feared that Shawn was the only one she believed was capabke of finding her and saving her but the chances were he didn't even know she was gone. Her father had fired him, chased him from the house with his life under threat and he had gone and never looked back.

"To your feet" instructed the smaller, thinner man, his accent was just as thick but his grasp of the English language seemed much stronger. He grabbed her harshly by the elbow and pulled her through the dark cellar and then up the stairs into what appeared to be a kitchen. The bright lights dazzled her eyes causing her to cry out in pain as she struggled to free her arm from the man's grip in an attempt to cover her eyes but his hand came down hard on the side of her face and she yelped in distress as her lip split as it came into contact with her tooth.

Pushing her roughly against a wall both men grinned down at her, their teeth yellowing and their breath pungent with the stench of cigarettes. The taller man reached over and wiped the blood with his finger, observing it closely and then laughing loudly.

"Say cheese" said the smaller man as he took out his phone and snapped a couple of photos of Camila, pulling her roughly by the hair to turn her face to the side so they got a better shot of her bleeding mouth.

"Assim que o Sr. Mendes veja a sua prostituta machucada ele vai entrar em contato logo " laughed the small guy before grabbing her arm once more and dragging her through the kitchen towards the steps to the cellar.

"Please, I need water and food" yelled Camila attempting to fight against her captor as she grabbed at the generously stocked fruit bowl they were passing by "Please, I haven't eaten in days" she begged as her fingers wrapped around a banana and pulled it to her but before she could do any more a rough hand slapped hers causing the banana to drop to the ground where he stamped a boot into it, crushing it into floor and with it any hopes Camila had of eating that day. She couldn't remember when she had eaten last and her stomach twisted and growled as though it was beginning to eat it's self out of desperation.

"Down" the man instructed and when she hesitated, twisting to beg once more for food or water he pushed her into the darkness, her ankle giving way as she tumbled down the concrete steps back to her prison.

*Please comment and vote x