Chapter 19

Waking up in her hotel room alone, Camila had at first thought the previous night had been nothing more than a heavenly dream, her minds attempt to soothe away the nightmares the usually haunted it, but as she began to climb out of bed the way her muscles in her thighs ached and pulled told her last night had been a glorious reality.

Looking into the mirror she saw her neck was peppered with pink marks not enough to bruise but enough to let everyone know a lover had been there. Taking her bottom lip between her teeth, Camila smiled at the thought of Shawn as her lover. The things be had said and done had blown her mind last night. She hasn't known that sex without penetration could be so absolutely fulfilling and life altering.

After showering and changing she tied her hair into a plait that hung over her shoulder and put on a blue and white chequered playsuit and some navy Tom's and then headed out the door. There standing next to it wearing a blue t-shirt that clung to every dip and bulge of his physique along with a pair of tight bkack jeans, black boots and shades was Shawn. She tried not to smile but couldn't help it, she felt like a schoolgirl greeting her crush

"Good morning Camila " he spoke with a cool professionalism that slightly knocked her off balance

"Good morning" she tried to speak with the same coolness but she knew it sounded more like disappointment

"I took your bags to the car earlier so we are ready to leave when you are "

"Let's go then" with that they walked down the corridor and down the stairs, Shawn always two paces in front and Camila keeping her eyes firmly on his ass whilst wondering all the time what was going on, whether last night had been nothing more than a mistake to him when it had meant so much to her.

After quickly confirming the route and the fact Alejandro and Ana were leaving later that morning Shawn and Camila finally took their seats in the back as the car and pulled away to start the long journey back to Miami.

Camila sat silently, looking out of the window, watching the warm turqoise water and white sands as they flew past, afraid to even look at Shawn let alone speak to him. If she saw on his face something had changed, she wasn't sure she would be able to take it.

"Camila..."

"Yes?" She answered without turning to him

"Its okay" his voice was gentle as he reached out and entwined their fingers "Nothing has changed"

"Thank fuck for that!" Camila gasped out whilst turning in her seat to look at him finally "I was so afraid you had changed your mind I couldn't even look at you"

"Yeah I noticed that" he let out a little laugh and stroked the back of her hand with his thumb "I like when you look at me but we just have to be careful, this is new okay and I don't want anyone finding out and putting any unnecessary pressure or drama on us"

"You also dont want my dad putting a bullet through your head"

"Yeah, well I definitely don't want that" he cringed whilst unconsciously running a hand over his cheek and up over his hair

"Don't worry Shawn, I would never let him hurt such a beautiful face" she leaned over and kissed his cheek before returning her gaze to the passing scenery, keeping her hand in Shawns and loving how safe she felt for the first time in a long time.

*************

Pulling up to the Cabello compound Shawn could immediately tell something was wrong. The entire place looked to be in lockdown.

"Camila, you stay in the car. Lock all the doors and do not come out until I say so" leaning forward and opening the petition Shawn whispered words to the driver then closed it again "Santos is going to take care of you until I get back"

"What's going on?"

"I don't know but a full lockdown doesn't look good. Please stay put, no running off in to traffic, no games okay?" she nodded like she meant it "promise me?"

"I promise" Shawn brought her hand up and kissed the back of it gently "I will be right back" he winked and gave her a smile that let her know he would be fine and then he left the car, locking it as promised and punching his code into the gate before disappearing inside.

The yard was completely empty so Shawn walked up to the front door, used his fingerprint to unlock it and stepped inside. Within seconds 3 guns were locked in on him and the 3 faces behind them held such a serious look he knew whatever had happened was bad, very bad.

"Stand down" he barked and the men withdrew their weapons. "What's the situation?"

"Follow me" instructed one of the new security guards as he walked with authority up the stairs towards Camilas bedroom. Entering the room Shawn recognised the smell immediately- blood, human blood at that, entering up the en suite the man motioned towards the sink which was overflowing with a red liquid that couldn't be mistaken and on the bathroom floor, scrawled in the blood was the word puta

"Human blood" the guard nodded "How the fuck did they get in here?"

" We found splashes on the floor that seem to originate on the balcony"

"And how did they get this quantity of blood up to the balcony?" The guard shrugged

" I need Camila out of here so I can investigate this properly. I don't want her knowing about any of this"

"Well what do you suggest, you are her bodyguard, she's your responsibility"

"Shawn..." Camila stood at the door observing the scene in front of her, her hands on her hips "What's going on, why do you need me out of here?"

"Camila! I told you to stay in the car, you promised me" he walked over to her and took her arm hoping to lead her from the room before she saw what he was trying to keep from her

"I was worried about what was going on, why are you in my bedroom?"

"Come downstairs"

"Don't keep things from me Shawn I'm not a baby" pulling away from his grip Camila headed towards her en suit, aware that's where the guards gaze kept returning.

She sight and smell she was met with sent her reeling as she stumbled back and Shawn grabbed onto her arms to keep her upright

"My God!"

"I told you not to go in there"

"Is that human?!" She asked between retches, covering her mouth and trying hardest not to vomit in front of the man she was so desperate to have kiss her again.

Shawn nodded "Go down to the kitchen, have Isa make you a warm drink and have a ginger biscuit, it will help with the nausea. Stay there this time. I don't like disobedience Camila" his voice was cold but his eyes were hot as he squeezed her shoulder and curled his lips just enough for her to recognise the smile.

"Okay" she whispered, squeezing his hand back

"Take her down and then return to your post. I'm going to investigate this room from top to bottom and when I'm finished we are going to need professional cleaners in here"

"I will get Sal to make the call" said the gruff, slightly over weight but very dangerous ex con that Alejandro had enlisted as his new head of security, he ran a tight ship and Shawn appreciated that.

Sighing heavily Shawn walked to Camila desk, taking paper and a pencil and then walked to the balcony where he crouched and began to collect evidence. Every peice of which convinced him more and more that this was a staged crime scene the blood didn't come from the balcony it came through the house

Please comment and vote and follow me. It means so much x