Chapter 29

*Dedicated to Ifrah1206 if not for you it might have ended already lol

Just as Shawn placed his phone down on to the table it began to buzz once more, as he grabbed for it Alejandro and Ana lurched forwards, Shawn placing a finger to his lips to warn them to keep quiet.

Looking down at his phone he saw the call was now a FaceTime and that made his stomach flood with ice water. What they fuck were they about to show him? What heinous act was he about to bare witness to???

"Hello?" His throat was so dry his voice barely sounded like his own

" Olá Senhor Mendes que a festa comece"

Shawn gazed at the small screen and squinted his eyes hoping to be able to make sense of something in the darkness... anything.

Slowly a figure came into sight, a small, fragile brunette, bound to a chair, her chocolate locks wild and unkempt.

Shawn struggled to make out her face, desperate to see her features and make sure that she was okay but the FaceTime call was being filmed from behind

"Camila!" Alejandro barked out and Shawn saw the figure attempt to move in the direction of the voice but her limbs were retrained against the wooden chair "Mija!" Again she attempted to turn towards her father's voice but she was unable to, the recording was being made from behind her and her eyes were covered, her ears and mind forcing her head to search for her father in the dark.

"Papá?" Her voice was quiet and rough, as though her vocal chords hadn't been lubricated for days and Alejandro attempted to grab Shawns phone from his grasp

"Camila! Mi niñita! Let her go! For the love of God please!"

" Qualquer coisa eu faço qualquer coisa. " Shawn interrupted, aware that Portuguese was the only language these men would really understand.

"We don't want your money" came the heavily accented reply and he knew that would be the case they had enough money of their own to live 1000 luxurious lives.

"Well what do you want?" Shawn forced through his throat knowing the reply

"You" and immediately the back of his hand came into contact with Camilas mouth. Shawn watched, waiting for her to react, expecting her to cry out or curse but instead she stayed completely silent and lifted her chin into the air as an act of defiance

Don't do this Camila, please no, not here. Not with these Guys, bow down to them, do everything they ask just don't disobey them because then my chance to save you will be gone and you, and possibly I will be dead

"Come on girl say hello to your daddy. Or perhaps you want to say goodbye"

"No!" Alejandro gasped as the unknown figure grabbed Camila by the hair and pulled her back to him

"Why don't we have some fun on camera and show Senhor Mendes just what he's missing"

"No!" Alejandro and Shawn both yelled at the screen at the same time as a pair of scissors came down on the chocolate coloured locks cutting time and time again whilst Camila said and did nothing, her hair dropping gracefully to the ground around her . She just sat there, gripping the arms of the chair and keeping her chin high. This was the Camila Shawn had met, the one that defied everything just because she could and he couldn't help but wish he had shown his feelings for her sooner.

"Por favor" Shawn yelled more loudly than he had intended

"She s cute? I have to give you that" the voice said slowly whilst taking Camilas chin in his hands and pulling her face so that she had no option but to look at him " Its just you and me baby "

"Tell me what you want. Keep your hands off her and I will give you anything"

"You know whatever want Senhor. We want you"

"Fine. Okay you can have me. Let her go, give her back to her family and I will come with you no questions asked"

"No Shawn!" It was the first sentence Shawn had heard from her since she was taken and although it sounded weak and devoid of emotion he knew it was real. She was trying to protect him even after everything he had done.

"Tell me where, tell.me when, give Camila back to her family and you can do whatever you want with me"

" No!" He heard Camila sob and then a loud smack filled the air, Shawn looked back towards the screen and saw Camila lying on the floor, her arms still tied to the stool

"Camila?"

"Please don't do this Shawn? Don't give yourself to them. I beg you, stay strong. I beg you.

*Just a short one to keep things going. Not long til this one ends so please take the time to comment and vote x