T W E N T T T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to apologize. I over reacted. I shouldn't have snapped. It's just that, that topic is sensitive to me. Because it's true. Sirius is literally 'the brightest star' and I won't do that again. Over react and get jealous I mean. Well, I'll try my best. For you."

Madeline was staring at the floor. Feeling guilty herself.

"Madeline? You uh- you gonna say something?" He tilted his head down and to the side to see her face.

"Yeah um. I also have to apologize." She looked at him.

"No you don't. I was in the wrong yesterday-"

She cut him off. "Not about that. Just listen to me okay? Promise you won't talk until I'm done."

He looks at her with a confused face but agrees by nodding his head.

"Okay. Well last night, well- this morning I was helping Remus with- um- well he got a cut and so I bandages him up and. Um. Well basically. Reg, I didn't mean to and I didn't want to but. Um. We almost kissed. Key word. Almost. We didn't. And I regret even letting it get that far. And um. Yeah." She blurred out quickly that he barely heard everything she said.

"You- and Remus. This morning. As in less than an hour ago? And you didn't try to stop it from happening?"

"Well I said we shouldn't because I'm with you and he has a girlfriend-"

"You said you shouldn't because you were both in a relationship. But you didn't try stopping it. Did you?"

"I- I uh- I guess I didn't. But if I could go back I wouldn't have let it happen. I would've have let it get that far- I'm sorry Reg. At least I didn't kiss him right?"

He scoffs. "Seriously? Unbelievable. What did I expect from someone like you anyways. I think you should've stuck with not doing relationship." He started to walk away but she grabbed his arm as he walked past her, stopping him but he didn't turn to face her.

"What are you saying?"

"You're a smart girl. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm saying."

"Wait no, please. Look at Cam and Rem. They didn't break up over it."

"Cams too infatuated with him to break up with him."

"So you're saying she loves him more than you love me?"

"I never said 'I love you'" He pulled away from her grasp and started to walk again.

"But you do. Don't you? Cause I love you, Regulus. I do."

He sighed "I know" as he walked away.

"I- no..." she whispered to herself.

~

Regulus walked back into the the great hall, the Gryffindors Golden group saw that he wasn't with Madeline, and that he didn't look too happy.

"Uh oh..." Alyssa mumbled.

"That didn't go well." Marlene said.

"Where is she?" Sirius asked.

"I'll go find her." James said standing up.

~

James wondered the halls peeking down each turn even though he knew most likely where she was. And once he got to the top of the stairs at the astronomy tower. He knew he guess right.

She was sitting with her legs over the edge. Her arms and head resting against the metal rail. He could hear quiet sniffles.

"Oh, Mae..." He walked up and sat right next her. "I'm sorry, little sis." He looked over at her.

"I'm so stupid, I just had to go and ruin everything. Stupid feelings. Stupid Remus. Why is it so hard? Why me? Why can't I just like one boy. You know what? I do only like one boy, and that's the boy who just broke up with me. I don't even like Remus anymore. I just want Regulus." She went back to crying.

James put his arm around her and pulled her into his chest. "Come here. Just let it all out. Things will work out how they are meant to be when they are meant to be. That's what I tell myself about Lily. I know that one day she will eventually say yes. Because I know it's meant to be." He rested his chin on her head.

"How is this helping?"

"Look. What I'm trying to say, is that it's okay to take time. To wait. To be patient. You're a good person, most of the time, and so good things will happen for you. Like Regulus will get over it and come running back to you because he loves you."

"You're so weird when you're trying to be nice." She wiped her tears. "And how do you know he loves me? He kinda of literally said he doesn't like five minutes ago."

"Because I know that physical touch is his love language. Sirius told me. And he also told me that even though it's physical touch, he hates it when it's from someone he doesn't love and trust. You're the only one outside of his family that he lets comfort him. Bet you didn't know that."

"You're right. I didn't know. That's super cheesy. But also super cute." She started to cry again.

"Not again. Why?"

"Because he probably regrets letting me in. He's probably never gonna let me hug him ever again." She sniffled.

"Wow your emotional today." He chuckled which just got him an elbow to the stomach. "Ouch- sorry."

"I'm so stupid. I'm done. I'm leaving. I need to start a new life where I won't ruin my relationship with three people in the span of 3 hours. Maybe I'll go to Beauxbatons." She said while still crying.

"And you say I'm the over dramatic one." He laughed. "Oh I can't wait to make fun of you for this. I'm like a year. Because I know if I do it any time soon you'll beat me up."

"You're absolutely right." She wiped her tears away. Once again. "I'm actually done for today. I'm not going to my classes. Nope. Not today."

"That's fine. You can tell them you came down with a cold or something. You ready to go down?"

She nodded her head and so he stood up first then reached a hand out to help her up.

~

James Potter went back into the great hall with five minutes left till first period. Madeline Potter went to the Gryffindor common room. She put her pajamas on and curled up into her bed. All while thinking about the day she had had before the day even started. She also hated how emotional she just was. She doesn't usually cry. But again she's never been in a serious relationship before either. Everything was new to her. And she didn't expect it to end so soon.
She even started to agree with Regulus, she shouldn't have ever done into a relationship. It wasn't her thing. And what she was scared of happening. Happened.