82

minho anxiously awaited his parents to return with the guest. he would've gone to the door with them, but they asked him to wait in their dining room.

minho began pacing as he heard some mumbles from the group of people talking. he heard the conversation getting louder as they got closer to him

"minho," his father called sternly.

"yes father?" minho responded.

"meet our token vocalist, zhong chenle." his father had an evil smirk as he said the boys name.

the boy stepped out from behind minhos father and gave a weak smile towards minho.

"nice to meet you chenle, im minho. i think you know my friend lee felix." minho smiled.

"y-yes i do." chenle nodded as he stuttered out his words nervously.

"let's all sit for breakfast, what we have to discuss might be better on a full stomach." minhos mother suggested as mr. kim brought over the food and started setting the table.

minhos dad sat at the head of the table with his wife next to him and minho on the other side. chenle sat awkwardly beside minho, practically shaking in his seat.

"so minho, as you know we pay close attention to our idols." his mother began.

"yes i know, you are very attentive." minho lied, he knew his parents were awful when it came to how they treated their idols.

"yes, and while we may not have social media, we watch our idols socials closely." she added.

"understandable, you want to avoid scandals and other issues." minho nodded, not knowing where this conversation was going.

"yes, but that's not what we're discussing today." minhos father cut in.

"what are we discussing then?" minho questioned.

"chenle, please show the boy what we found on your account." minhos mother said, not so sweetly.

chenle hesitantly took out his phone and gave it to minho with a shaky hand. chenle had tears pricking at his eyes as he watched minhos every move.

minho looked at chenle's screen and instantly felt his heart drop.

1/2 swipe to view more

@leeve.me.alone isn't my baby the cutest? right answers only:)

view all comments

—>@bigbam he is pretty cute👀

—>@youngk we lowkey twins... so hell yeah he's cute

—>@chenlesvocalcords he is cute😳

—>@chuckysdad.changmin awe he's so cute minho!!

—>@hwangyeji very cute:)

—>@liamainvocal almost as cute as my girlfriend @hwangyeji 🥰🥰

minho read through the comments on the instagram post and saw chenles username. minho saw how he himself captioned the photo and looked at who was in the photo with him.

he knew what this meant.

"so, want to explain who that boy is?" minho mother asked in an annoyed voice.

"he's just a friend—"

"DAMN IT MINHO!" minhos father stood up as he slammed his hands down on the table.

"chenle, you've done your part. you can leave." minhos mother said and chenle quickly ran out of the mansion with tears pouring down his face.

"let's try this again," minhos dad said, "who is that boy?"

"we're not anything... he's my friend!" minho shouted.

"you might not officially be dating, but you two have something going on and i won't stand for it." minhos dad stated angrily.

"what do you mean you won't stand for it?" minho questioned.

"you're not allowed to see him any longer unless you want us to destroy—"

"what? my career? go ahead. destroy me. see if i care." minho scoffed.

"oh no... not yours." minhos dad narrowed his eyes at his sun, "your boyfriends. what's his name? han jisung? the boy who just came out with a song with that singer yang jeongin... would be such a shame for him to be black listed."

"he has nothing to do with this!" minho yelled.

"he has everything to do with this." minhos father said as he shoved minho against the wall, "you're going to end things with him right now."

"i-i don't want to! i love him!" minho retorted.

"then we have no choice..."

"wait! no... fine, fine. i'll avoid him, okay? i'll avoid him..." minhp sighed.

"we want you to leave jyp and come work for us as well." minhos mother cut in.

"and if i don't?"

"then jisungs career suffers." his parents threatened.

"fine. do what you want." minho said as he went to go up to his room.

"not so fast," his dad said, "hand over your phone."

"my phone?"

"now minho." his father said sternly, holding out his hand waiting for the phone

"whatever."

minho rolled his eyes as he began walking up to his room. he felt less like a grown man and more like a teenage again. he wished his parents weren't so powerful in the industry jisung worked it...

in minhos mind, everything would be so much easier if the two had just never met.

a.n.

y'all were wrong hehe

no arranged marriage here :)