I began to walk after after him.

"River stop." I said

He turned around much easier than anticipated.

"What Hailey? You want to keep accusing me of sleeping with Heidi? Go ahead I'm listening." He slightly yelled.

"I'm not accusing you! I was just asking." I defend myself.

"Are you sleeping with Lucas?" He asks out of absolutely nowhere.

"What the fuck?" I say without thinking. His question just blew me back.

He looked at me expectantly, "Maybe that's why he was so angry back there. He's mad the girl he's sleeping with is with me."

"Are you serious, River? What is wrong with you? Do you even need me to answer that?" At this point I'm whisper telling because I don't want anyone to accidentally hear the ridiculous conversation we're having.

"Yes."

"Of course I'm not you idiot. And you know I'm not. What is it with you thinking I have a thing for Lucas? I never even see him outside of school because I'm always with YOU!" I scoff and now it's my turn to start walking away. I don't even know where I'm walking but I don't get far.

River pulled my arm back and looked at me apologetically.

"What?!" I snapped, ripping my arm away from him

"I'm sorry, I know you're not. I'm just so mad, okay? You know how I get with him and you."

"And I also didn't like you asking if I was sleeping with Heidi, you should know I'm not." He adds

My face softens slightly at his genuine tone.

"I don't understand what you think of me and Lucas. It makes zero sense. It's all in your head. And I already told you, I was just making sure. I didn't think you were sleeping with her. I would've killed you and her if I found out you were."

He smirked lightly at my very real threat but it was wiped off when he answered, "It's not in my head. You just don't see it. He's obsessed with you and it annoys the fuck out of me. He can't have you."

"River, I don't want him okay? He means nothing to me. He's just a friend. I don't know how many times I have to tell you this. Besides when I was supposed to go on a date with him, who did I end up with anyways?" I say referring to the night of the party.

He smirked seemingly brightening up.

"I guess I just have my ways." He said cockily.

"Geez you're so humble." I added, still slightly annoyed.

I know that he doesn't really think I'm sleeping with Lucas. I know he's just mad, but it was still completely uncalled for.

River moved closer to me, the atmosphere much lighter now.

He grabbed my face and said, "I'm not sleeping with Heidi, or anyone for that matter. The only bed I've been in in weeks is yours. Why would I when I can spend all my time with you?"

I immediately felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"I wasn't mad at you for asking as much as mad at myself for you not knowing. I thought I made it clear."

I smiled at him and responded, "I did know, River, but I just had to make sure. You never know— with a face like yours, anything is possible."

He face immediately lit up just like I knew it would.

"Did you just call me hot?" He asked, not being able to hide his amusement.

"No." I lied

"Yes you totally did!" He laughed

I couldn't help but just laugh with him, glad we had both cheered up.

Once we stop laughing he moved even closer to me.

"I'm sorry baby. I really am. I was being an ass." He coos

My heart fluttered when he called me baby but I just ignored it for now.

"You were." I pout

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?"
I nodded my head and added, "I'm sorry too. I was a little bit of a bitch at some points."

He smiled and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"It's okay. You can be my bitch."

"Was that supposed to be romantic?" I laughed

"It sounded better in my head."

After a couple seconds of hugging he pulled back and said, "I hate it when we fight. That was horrible."

I nodded my head in agreement.

"We still need talk after school." I said referring to the whole dating situation. I needed to find out if he just said it to piss of Lucas.

"What?" He said worried.

"Why not right now? I wanna talk now." He said frantically probably thinking I'm still mad at him

I chucked and said, "Relax. We can't anyways, lunch is almost over and we have to go to class."

"We can skip" he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I can't, I skipped yesterday."

He sighed but nodded his head. As if on cue the bell indicating lunch was over rang and people started to fill the hallways.

"Come on. Let me walk you to class" River said.