Chapter 18

Hailey's POV

Once I'd said his name it was took late to take it back. I had to say something.

"Hailey?" He said looking at me expectingly.

I was silent for a moment, trying to calm myself down, before I nervously said, "Why did you kiss me?"

That's it. It was done. I couldn't take it back and I can't believe I actually asked. I was planning on just waiting until he brought it up, if he ever did.

River tensed next to me, clearly not expecting me to say anything.

He laughed as he regained his composure and said, "What do you mean? I kissed you because I wanted to."

I guess that wasn't a bad answer?

I gave him a slightly confused look and he quickly added, "Why? Did you not want me to?"

No. I definitely wanted him to. I'd kissed a couple of guys before but none never felt like they did with River.

"No." I said shyly

"No you didn't want me to?" River asked quickly and slightly panicked.

"No!" I quickly corrected, "I wanted you to"

River smiled and I turned away from him because I was embarrassed of what I had just admitted. I kept on denying the fact that I like River but after that kiss there is no way I can deny it. He drives me crazy and bothers me. He steals my food and fights with me. I thought there was no way I could ever feel like this for him, yet I'm crazy about him.

"What are thinking about?" River asked quietly

The whole vibe in the room had changed since my confession.

With a wave of confidence I answered River and said, "You."

He smiled and said, "What about me?"

"About how much you annoy me." I said as I looked up at him.

He looked at me with mischief in his eyes before he held down my hands and started tickling me ferociously.

"River! Pl-please!" I yelled through laughs.

This only made River laugh and tickle me harder.

"I-I can't br-breathe." I said still laughing.

Suddenly River stopped and I looked up and noticed he was completely on top of me.

We both suddenly got serious.

River looked straight into my eyes and said, "Hails I don't know what you're doing to me."

That pushed me over the edge. I don't know how i ever denied having feelings for him.

I decided to take control and I pulled his face to mine and kissed him deeply. This time it held more emotion and want. Now that we both knew that we wanted this, we couldn't get enough of each other. River was on top of me trying to keep his weight off, but I pulled him down so we were flush against each other. We pulled apart for a second to breathe and he flipped us over so now I was on top of him, straddling his lap. He looked at me and smiled shyly before i bent back down and reconnected our lips. He nipped my bottom lip causing me to moan into his mouth. His hands were in my hair and he cautiously moved down them down to my hips. I slipped my hands under his shirt wanting to feel his abs and he let out a low grunt in response. We both jumped apart when we heard Stacy say "Kids dinner is ready!"

My first though was 'this is a really early dinner' but I didn't say anything because I was still hungry.

I apprehensively went to get off rivers lap but he pulled me down and kissed me again. As much as I wanted to stay here, I didn't want to be rude to Stacy.