Chapter 24

Hailey's POV

When I woke up for the second time today I was surrounded by the now familiar feeling of warmth. Me and River were hopelessly entwined, and I loved it. We were facing each other, one of his legs pushed in between mine and his arms were holding me close to him.

I watched his face wiped clean of all the expressions it usually held. His soft breath, that was escaping through his lightly parted lips, fanned across my face.

I found myself memorizing every detail of his face. I lightly traced over eyebrows, his nose, his cheeks, and finally his lips.

They were so soft and I found myself wanting to kiss him.

Before I thought too much into it I leaned slightly forward and gently pressed my lips to his.

I gasped and pulled back when I felt him return the pressure, thinking he was asleep.

I had no time to be embarrassed about it since River pulled me back into him and kissed me harder.

He began to mold his lips to mine and I felt his tongue slightly graze my bottom lip. I opened my mouth to allow his tongue to explore my mouth.

The kiss didn't last long before he pulled back to look at me. His tired eyes stared at my own and I couldn't help but blush. He smiled lightly at me before chastely kissing my lips again.

"Good morning", he said to me.

"Good morning."

After our short exchange of words we laid in silence. It was crazy to see how our relationship completely changed in such a short amount of time. Here we were, laying next to each other, just looking at each other and enjoying each others warmth, not saying a word. This is something I never saw myself doing, let alone with River.

A few minutes later River grumbling stomach interrupted our peaceful silence. I laughed as I began to roll out of bed.

"Let's get something to eat." I said

River groaned and said, "I don't feel like moving" as he hid himself beneath the blankets.

I rounded the bed and pulled the blankets down to expose his arms. He cautiously opened his eyes and looked at me.

He raised his eyebrows at me as if asking what I was doing.

"Cmon. Get up." I told him

He just groaned again in response and closed his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arms and attempted to pull him up.

Now I was the one groaning trying to pull his long and heavy frame out of the bed.

"River!" I said as I let go his arms with a huff.

I could see him trying to stop a smile from showing on his face.

I picked up his arms again and tried to pull him off the bed. Before I knew it he was pulling back on my arms and I fell face first on his bare chest.

Before I could react he grabbed my face and kissed me passionately. It ended as quickly as it started and he lifted us both of the bed.

I was so shocked so I said nothing at all and just followed him as he still had my hand in his and was walking out of his room.

Once we were in the kitchen I was having deja vu. I was opening the fridge asking River what he wants to eat and he was being difficult.

"Eggs?" I asked

"Eh"

"Toast?"

"Hmm"

"Pancake?"