Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Hailey's POV

After River left I was even more confused. I thought maybe he liked me after we kissed, but then he immediately walked out.

As I walked up to my room and took a shower, I couldn't help but think of River. The way he held me close and the way he made me feel.

I stupidly waited by my phone waiting for a text or a call from him, but none came as I dozed off.

I woke up early on Sunday morning and decided not to think about River anymore.

I dove all my thoughts into reading.

I love reading. I get to escape into another persons reality for awhile. I get emotionally invested in anything and everything that I read and that's what's happening now.

As I'm reading to see if the boy finally gets the girl I am interrupted by my phone going off multiple times.

I grunt in annoyance and close my book to check who is interrupting my reading.

I have multiple calls and texts from Jess but what I notice first is the time. I've been reading for hours. It's nearly five already.

I ignore that and call Jess back.

"HAILEY!" She answers almost immediately.

"Jess" I answer back calmly.

"Where have you been all day? I've been calling you." She said annoyed.

"I was reading, sorry."

Jess sighed through the phone and said, "Of course you were! Well listen, can I come over? I have so much to tell you."

"Yea sure. When are you coming?" I asked.

"I'm leaving my house now." She replied as I heard shuffling in the background.

"Ok, bye. See you soon." I said into the phone before I hung up.

Less than five minutes later I heard my bedroom door open letting me know that Jess let herself in.

I turned around in my bed and faced her.

She looked rather crazy, her hair was a mess and her eyes were as wide as a deers in headlights.

"What's wrong?" I asked her sitting up quickly,

She rushed to me and embraced me in a tight hug. I hugged her back immediately, a little confused.

She sighed as she let me go and said, "I'm just going to get straight to the point."

I nodded my head, encouraging her to continue.

She looked at me wearily and quickly said, "ikissedcamandilikedit!"

"Can you repeat that? And slower this time." I said amused.

Jess grunted and said, "Cam and I kissed."

I jumped up in excitement and hugged her again as I said, "This is great, Jess!"

She pulled out of the hug and said, "Are you crazy! This is horrible. I'm so embarrassed."

"What?!" I said confused,

"Tell me what happened." I urged her.

"Ok, so basically, we were at the party and we were talking and laughing and I don't know Hailey! One thing led to another and he was leaning in and so was I and we ended up making out." Jess explained frantically.

"I don't see the problem." I explained.

Jess had the tendency to overreact a lot of the time and I think this is precisely what is happening.