"Excellent, you were always quiet bright doctor." He smiled as he pulled out of the parking.

We drove for what seemed like half an hour, mainly because we were in the narrows and we had to drive all the way through downtown and midtown and up to uptown Gotham. 

To be honest I just zoned out the entire ride. I always did that when I was in cars. I'd just get lost looking out the window. I wondered about what Jack might've went through. Was he hurt? Were they taking him to Arkham again? Mostly I was wondering what exactly Batman wanted by keeping him to himself without the interference of Gordon.

"He wants to interrogate him his own way." Riddler said keeping his eye on the road and I turned my attention to him.

It was like he heard my thoughts, he was satisfied with his prediction and was smiling to himself. He was one of the most misunderstood people I have met.

He shouldn't be punished it was everyone around him who were brutally bullying him and treating him like an outcast who are to blame. But that still doesn't excuse his actions. A few minutes later Riddler made a turn and pulled over. 

"Show time." I heard him say as he cut the engine. John went out and walked over to the white van with all the goons. They were preparing some weapons and Riddler handed me a black butterfly knife.

"You know I can't use that besides I already grabbed a gun." I said.

"Just incase." He handed it to me and I put it in my pocket.

We walked in first and I grew anxious. "They'll follow us, we just have to make an appearance. You search the top level and I'll check the bottom." He said and I went up the stairs.

It was all so dark I couldn't see anything except doors and dark paintings, regardless the dust and spiderwebs. I walked slowly, careful not to trample on any chair legs. As I walked further in I heard some sounds coming from the corridor. 

I slowly walked over to it and peaked my head and only found 2 rooms. One was locked the other had a door opened just slightly. I sneaked to the room and sat by the wall. I caught my breath and looked through the little creak.

It was Jack, also Batman was inside. He was standing behind him. The light was very dim there was nothing but a small reading lamp. Jack was roped to a chair in his vest and his jacket and knives were thrown in a corner. He had bruises and cuts all over his face. Blood was gushing from his forehead and his paint was half gone. 

"I already told you what you need to know batsie." I heard Joker say, his voice was weak but still held it's rasp.

"You have but not enough." Batman spoke and Joker cracked his neck.

"If you're gonna beat me up again just do it." Jack began and I saw Batman clench his fist then unclench it.

"What if I don't hurt you what if I hurt your girl." Batman spoke and my heart picked up.

Jack began laughing hysterically then tried to look at Batman, "My girl?" He scoffed.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but I don't have a girl, thought only George Clooney got into rumored scandals." He said in a mocking tone.

"Oh yeah I'm sure Dr. Striker would beg to differ." Batman spoke.

"Dr? Oh you mean Evangeline, the girl from the asylum, oh I'd thought you'd have known me by now batsie." He giggled.

"You know with that psychotic bitch gone I need another one who's willing to help around." His tone turned serious and I felt my body heat up.

"So you're telling me you have to feelings for her?" Batman questioned him.

"The only feelings I can ever have for her is when she gets the coffee wrong, you know woman are easy to manipulate even the strongest one can be brought down by a little hope and love, love is a powerful thing but I'm sure you'd rather not talk about the touchy subject." Jack smirked and Batman punched him.

I felt hot tears fall on my face and pain surge through my body. My heart grew heavier and heavier with every word he uttered. I stood up and slowly walked away but I knocked a vase and then ran down stairs.

"What was that?" I heard Batman say as I ran downstairs.

I found Riddler and he understood Batman was upstairs and I ran outside. I stomped onto the small pebbles and sand before going to the side of the car and falling to my knees. How was I ever so stupid to trust someone like him for even a second?! He is a monster! How did I even let myself have the even smallest of feelings towards him. He was heartless. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighttyyyy chapter 17 i think? lol

Hope you guys liked this one and don't forget to comment your thoughts!

should Eva have trusted him?

What do you think would happen next?

Hope you guys had a great day!

Don't forget to vote x

Much love xxx