Back

~ Chapter 23 ~

 (Joker's POV)

 On my way home I saw Angel. She was walking down the street and she went into a pharmacy. I followed her in and was about to talk to her but she had someone with her. Some rich business man of some sort. He turned around and it was Bruce Wayne. 

Once again, I was so close then nothing. What was she even doing with him again?! I've seen her with him at the party. I gave her another glance, and she looked happy.

I continued walking home once again before I stopped some drunk kid by an alley and took his car. I drove home and called Pamela. She picked up but was silent. She probably didn't answer any number.

"Pamela it's me." I spoke.

"What do you want?! I thought I already told you-" She was about to lecture me again when I interrupted her.

"I know! I know." I said a little softer.

"I just.. just let me take her home and I'll fix everything. I can't do that with her on the other side of town! Plus I just saw her with Bruce Wayne." 

" Bruce? Oh she was just with him this morning." She said.

"Why?! Are they together?!" I grunted.

" No, she didn't really talk about him. They're old friends." She replied.

"Well anyway, I need you to let me take her back. I can't do anything if she's that far." I said.

"Exactly Joker, you shouldn't do anything. Let her come to you." She said.

"You know she won't do that.." I rplied quietly.

"Well.. fine. You can take her, but next time don't expect me to help you! You can't keep screwing up." She sighed.

"I can't believe I'm doing this, but you can come tomorrow. But DON'T include me in this." I heard her say and I smirked.

"Okay don't worry. Bye Pamela." I said and hung up.

(Eva's POV)

I walked into the house and Pamela was talking in her room.

"Don't include me in this." I heard her say before she hung up.

"I'm back Pam!" I yelled from the living room.

"Hi Eva.." She looked uncomfortable.

"Hey, I ran into Bruce again at the pharmacy! Can you believe it? Anyway, I can finally get rid of that head ache now." I said.

"I'm gonna sleep, I'm exhausted. Night Pam." I said and walked into my room.

She looked really weird today, I closed the door and changed into my sweats and flopped down on the bed. I took the pills and went to sleep. Every thing was quick and peaceful but some gun sounds came to my hearing and I quickly shot up.

I looked around me and saw it was morning. I opened the door and saw Joker, John, and another man in the living room along with Ivy. John gave me a weak look and so did Ivy.

"Hello princess, just in time.." Joker said losing his smile.

I felt my heart beat faster and Ivy mouthed ' sorry ' to me.

"Help her with her stuff boys." He said and the men walked over and brushed past me into the room.

John stopped an inch away and whispered sorry. I froze in my place. The men came out with my bags. 

"Come on darling, we still have a long ride ahead of us." Joker smiled as the men went to his side. I grabbed my phone from the room and hid it in my boot and grabbed a book and marched up to the door pushing past the men and descended the stairs.

I got in the backseat of the car and slammed the door, making the two other men use the other one. John sat next to Joker and the new man sat next to me. He kept glancing at me every few seconds the entire car ride. Great another retarded pervert. 

"What." I snapped at him after having enough of his staring and he was taken back. He quickly looked the other way. 

"I- I'm sorry. I just.. you looked.. I'm sorry." He stuttered looking the other way. I craned my neck and looked at him. He had a little stubble and he had his hair down on his face not too long, definitely not short. 

"It's fine." I whispered back at him putting my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me. His eyes were a very light blue.

He gave me a weird smile and looked at his feet.

"How old are you? " I asked him and Joker looked at us through the mirror. He looked at him and gave me a shy look.

"26." He answered. He was just a year older than I was.

"What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but answer. He looked at Joker then at me and then out the window.

I don't get it I mean John is in his thirties and he's pretty tough but this guy seemed too kind to hurt a fly.  Why would he work for someone like Jack? Why would Jack even hire him?! I mean he was about his age but he always hired older men. I thought about it the rest of the ride. When Joker came to a stop I opened the door and stepped out. I stood next to the van until Joker opened the door and I followed him in. 

John and the new guy followed in and went to put the bags in my room. On their way out they looked at me and the new guy looked away.

"We need to talk." Joker followed me in the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another updatee hope you guys like it!

Don't forget to share your thoughts with me in the comments x

Also don't forget to vote xx

There'll probably be 2 more updates today! 

Much love xx