part twelve

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 —𝗒/𝗇'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏—𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
—𝗒/𝗇'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏—
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

as the people asked him more questions all he said to them was "this isn't a good time, please excuse us" and pushed harder past them. eventually we made it to the valet guy and he handed jonah the keys to the car. jonah opened my passenger side door and i quickly got in. he hopped in the drivers side and drove away quickly as the men were still taking pictures of us.

"what the heck just happened?" i quietly said to myself, but loud enough for jonah to hear. jonah stayed quiet, but i didn't mind... i was still in shock from the crowd outside the restaurant and needed time to collect myself before i asked the million questions bobbing around in my head. jonah drove until we reached his house where we sat quietly in the car for a few seconds before anyone spoke.

"jonah? are you going to explain what just happened because i'm kinda lost?" i asked him, jonah sighed. "alright well you know the band that was playing the night we met, the one you said your sister loved so much?" he asked me "yeah... why don't something i think" i replied "well... i'm kind of in that band... along with daniel, corbyn, zach, & jack." he said, and my mouth fell open. "you WHAT?" i said, louder than i meant to.

"you're telling me you and your friends are secretly in a famous boyband and you didn't think to mention it, like not even once?" i said, getting a bit angry. "it never came up...." he said shyly "how does something as big as that not just 'come up' in conversation jonah... at any point!?" i said frustrated. "i wasn't trying to keep it from you or anything, i swear... i just liked the fact that you didn't know. i liked the fact that you seen me as jonah, not jonah marais from why don't we" he said, and my anger slowly started to fade away.

"jonah i'd never look at you as 'jonah marais from why don't we'... you're jonah, the guy that's super easy to talk to and has the same interests as me. you're jonah, the guy that loves having movie marathons with me and then snores when he falls asleep. you'd never just be 'jonah marais from why don't we'" i said, and a huge smile grew across his face. "that's such a relief, and that means more to me than you'll ever know" he said as he leaned in to hug me.

"oh no, i'm still mad at you for lying to me about you being in a famous boyband!" i said as i gently pushed his arms off me. "this is still a lot for me to take in... i'm very overwhelmed here." i stated "i know, and i'm so sorry... but we'll figure it out. i completely understand you need time... so i'll wait for whenenever you're ready" he said, and i thanked him.

i said goodnight to jonah and got back in my car. the drive home my mind was spinning a mile a minute with so many thoughts. how did i never realize this? what would have happened if i hadn't figured it out, how long would he have kept it a secret? if i had introduced him to maya... oh my, i don't even want to know what would have happened there.

i finally made it home and slumped my way upstairs, shutting my bedroom door behind me and collapsing onto my bed. this is too much for me. the crowd tonight, the lie, and whatever is to happen next is all so scary to me. i just hope jonah and i can make it through this, because he means too much to me to leave now. ___________________________________

don't forget to vote/comment pls ♥