part one

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 —𝗒/𝗇'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏—𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
—𝗒/𝗇'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏—
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

"but mom please, all my friends parents let them go to concerts" i heard my sister, maya, begging my mom from the kitchen. "that may be true but 𝙞'𝙢 your parent and i say that you're not going to some concert by yourself on a school night!" my mother strongly stated.

"this isn't fair, if y/n wants to leave the house to go to the boring old library you let her!" maya whined. "do you even hear yourself when you talk?" i said as i entered the kitchen. "i'm going to the library, and you're wanting to got watch some dumb boyband dance around on stage to mediocre songs at best. there's a big difference there" i stated smugly.

"you don't know anything about them or their music so i don't want to hear it!" maya sassed back. "girls, enough. maya you're not going to that concert and that's final" my mom demanded. "fine, i guess we know which child you love more... if only dad were still here, he would let me go" my sister said, with her stuck out lip and puppy dog eyes.

my mother's always had a soft spot for her. she's the youngest, so of course she's the favorite... but ever since we lost our dad it's been worse. our dad had always been a very happy and positive person. we were definitely both daddys girls, we spent so much time with him. one day our mom had just picked us up from school and when we came home we found dad laying on the floor of the kitchen. i remember it so vividly, my mother screamed and immediately called 9-1-1. the neighbors came over to watch us as mom rode with dad to the hospital.

being only 6 and 4, maya and i just thought he wasn't feeling well and would be back later to tuck us into bed like normally... but he never did. when mom came home the next day she sat us down with tears in her eyes and tried to explain to us that our dad wasn't going to be coming back... and that he had a heart attack. i remember feeling so confused and scared all at once, still thinking my dad would walk in the next day and i could hug him.

now my mom feels for maya because her memory of dad isn't as strong as mine is. she only remembers him faintly, but she does remember him to a point. maya loves to use that to her advantage though. whenever something isn't going her way she'll act all sad and bat her pretty little puppy dog eyes at mom and then pretty much gets everything.

i know my mom loves us both, so much, but she definitely favors maya more because of the circumstances... and it kinda sucks. but it doesn't bother me much... i'm a pretty laid back girl. i spend most of my time writing songs, reading books, or listening to music on my record player.

"maybe you could go to the concert with someone else, because i don't care how badly you beg you're too young to go to a concert alone, you're only sixteen!" my mother stated. "none of my friends really like the band enough to go to a concert, i would be fine alone!" maya pleaded. suddenly my mothers face lit up, as if a lightbulb went off in her head. "i know how you can go to the concert... you can go 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 if y/n goes with you" my mother said, before maya and i's mouths both dropped in disbelief.
___________________________________

don't forget to vote/comment pls ♥