part nine

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 —𝗒/𝗇'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏—𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭
—𝗒/𝗇'𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗏—
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

i had been at work for a few hours but no sign of jonah. everytime the front bell rang my eyes darted to the door, only to be let down by not seeing his warm smile walking through the door. it was now 12:30 meaning it was time for my lunch break, and my luck jonah will probably come while i'm gone and think i lied to him... that's just how my luck goes.

i went to the back room to grab my wallet and tell mom i was taking my lunch break. when i walked back out and was headed to the front someone jumped out from behind an isle of vinyl records scaring me half to death. i was ready to yell at the person until i noticed it was jonah, and he was laughing at me. i couldn't even be mad, because i was so relieved to see he actually showed up.

"sorry i didn't mean to scare you... okay maybe that's a lie, but i feel a little bad about it now" he said still chuckling. "you almost gave me a heart attack!" i protested. "i'm sorry, let me make it up to you... what do you say about having lunch with me?" he asked, nervousness laced in his voice.

"hmm i don't see how that makes up for scaring me... but i won't turn down free food" i said with a smile "hey who said i was paying?" he defended "me! that's what you get for scaring me!" i said as i walked past him out of the store. i could hear him chuckle again behind me as i heard his footsteps catch up with mine.

we walked down the street to this little cafe i normally go to on my lunch break because it's never really crowded. we got a table in the back and ordered our food and started talking and getting to know eachother. talking to jonah always made me smile, i noticed i was already falling for him, and that's very out of character for me.

i've always been very closed off when it comes to boys, or anyone really, because i'm always afraid they'll find someone better and leave. i don't know where that insecurity came from, maybe after dad was gone i just thought everyone that cares ends up leaving, but i've never given it too much thought. jonah makes me feel a happiness that i haven't felt in a long time, even though i've only just met him, and that terrifies me.

we had a great lunch, talking about books and music we love and just getting to know eachother better. he walked me back to the shop after lunch and i soon had to get back to reality and back to work. "i had an amazing time at lunch, thank you by the way" i said "it was my pleasure" he said with a smile. "i was actually hoping we could maybe hang out again sometime... you know, not just on your lunch break" he said.

"you mean like... a date?" i asked him. "only if you want it to be..." he said nervously smiling at me. "i think i'd like that" i say, smiling back at him. "well i can pick you up tomorrow night, say around 7:30?" he asked "that's perfect! but where are we going?" i replied "that's for me to know, and you to find out" he said with a devious grin. "you know you're pretty strange jonah... but i like it" i say teasing him. "i'll take that compliment proudly" he said with a goofy smile before we said goodbye and he headed out the door. ___________________________________

don't forget to vote/comment pls ♥