Chapter 18

"Merry Christmas!" I say as I enter the Shelby-Grey household, both myself and Tommy carrying presents.

"Merry Christmas!" They all repeat, smiling.

"What the fuck is that?" Ada screams, looking at my hand. "No fucking way!"

"She's hungover, stop shouting," Tommy scolds, placing the presents down then taking the presents I'm holding out of my arms.

"You proposed and didn't think of telling us beforehand?" Ada gawks at him.

"I told Michael to tell you guys," he shrugs, making me giggle.

"Congratulations!" Arthur cheers, hugging me then Tommy. "Thank you," I smile, letting Ada, Polly and Esme view my ring.

"Can we open presents yet?" Katie whines.

"Kids first," Polly reminds everybody.

"They go crazy, just watch," Tommy whispers, sitting down next to me. 

I hold back my laugh when they pull all the presents out from under the tree and look at the names to see what is theirs and what isn't.

"Watch Will, he's the worst," he mumbles into my ear.

I can't help but giggle as the small boy shreds the paper and jumps into the air as he holds his new cap to match his dad's.

"I'm gonna look like a movie star aren't I dad?" Katie says, holding her pretty pink dress up to herself. "Only the best for my girls," John says, smiling.

"At least wait until we're married to try get pregnant," Tommy whispers, making me smile.

"I got a purple one to match yours Katie," Sophie quietly says. "We can be movie stars together! Ben what did you get?" She asks her younger brother.
"I got a cap like dad's!" He says, proudly wearing it.

"I forgot to get them something," I whisper to Tommy. "My presents to them can be from the both of us then," he replies, making me laugh.

"Right pass us ours," Ada says, Karl on her knee.

"Thank you," I say as I get passed eight presents.

"You not opening them?" Tommy asks. "Open yours first," I grin.

He smiles, shaking his head and reads who it's from. "I'll open the ones from you first," he says, picking the two presents from his small pile.

I carefully watch his face as he opens it, seeing it's the pocket watch he had opened first. "How'd you know I needed a new one?" He asks. "Read the back of it then I'll tell you," I smile.

"The day I walked you home," he smiles, pecking my lips. "You stopped checking it so I guessed it wasn't working anymore so I got you a new one."

"Next one!" I happily say.

"Bloody new cigarette case," he chuckles, "and a new packet of cigarettes."

"Only the best for you," I giggle, giving him a kiss.

"Open yours from me now," he says, picking them out from my small pile.

I rip the wrapping paper open to see a lavender box, quick to take the lid off. I pull out the white coat with a faux black fur collar and cuffs, smiling. "Next one," he says, passing me the neatly wrapped present.

"Alright bossy," I giggle, placing the coat back into its box and opening the next present.

"So you stop stealing mine," he reminds me as I open the new cigarette case with cigarettes already inside, a box of matches to go with it.